PDA

View Full Version : What part is this?

TREVOR
12-24-2002, 05:18 PM
:confused: Hey guys. I noticed there is some leakage by that little red plastic square thingy. I don't know what it is called. There are four of them. Are those the fuel injectors?
Since it is leaking, should I replace the whole thing and all four of them at the same time? It's the first one on the right that is leaking. I also notice a lose of power. Do any of you know if there is a perfomance aftermarket part instead of stock? Or would it matter? Thanx for your help. I really don't know anything about the fuel injection yet.

dXsquared
12-24-2002, 05:28 PM
yah... those are injectors... they just pull out...

Travis

Johnny O
12-24-2002, 06:15 PM
Bad injector RC makes upgrades

HondaLuxury
12-30-2002, 01:30 AM
dude. I really wouldn't replace all of the injectors unless i had no choice. you could just buy 4 seal kits and reseal your injectors. Even though they look small and cheap, injectors are not. the injectors for my mitsubishi were $75 each.

safeel
12-30-2002, 06:29 PM
the injectors are $97 dollars each.
hope u just won the lottery!!!

4 injectors are wort more than the car. :lol

1987HondaAccord
01-06-2003, 10:34 AM
there are soem cheaper injectors available at nopionline.com. I think they run about $35 each after you return the core. Have Fun!!!

A20A1
01-06-2003, 11:16 AM
I have a complet set I pulled off an SE-i.
I'm not sure how to evaluate there condition... but the motor ran perfect before I bought it and started to convert it to carb.

1987HondaAccord
01-12-2003, 03:21 PM
did you sell them yet? If not can I buy them for cheap from you?

johndej
01-12-2003, 06:14 PM
"but the motor ran perfect before I bought it and started to convert it to carb.", you mean you wanted to make your car carbed? i thought everyone was doing efi swaps to make your car efi?

AccordEpicenter
01-13-2003, 09:23 PM
yeah just get a seal kit and get some junk yard injectors. Change em soon cuz its not good to get gas leaking everywhere

AZmike
01-15-2003, 03:35 PM
Watch where the leak is coming from. They usually leak at the seam between the metal and plastic parts on the injector, not from the seals at either end. I have a few I pulled at the yard that have no gas stains on the manifold or injector. How many do you want?

TREVOR
01-16-2003, 06:44 PM
I guess maybe I only need one?

Blue Impact
01-29-2003, 10:32 AM
Go get them at a junkyard. If you're lucky enough, they could be free.

DBMaster
01-29-2003, 11:03 AM
To clear up some of the misconceptions that keep getting posted on this topic.

1. The o-rings, seals, etc. DO NOT go bad. Do not waste your
time and money (It could cost you $50 to buy four seal kits)
replacing them. You need to replace the entire injector.
2. These injectors are not rebuildable so no one will require
you to return any "cores."
3. You can get them for $40 on Nopi (aftermarket), or genuine
factory "test" (barely used) injectors from RC (rceng.com) for
$42. The new ones come with the cushion, o-ring, and seal.

Whether or not you replace all of them at once depends upon your preference and/or financial status. If I had know I could get them for $42 each when I replaced the first leaky one six years ago I would have done all four. Since then I have taken apart the fuel rail and replace the remaining injectors. A second one leaked a year after the first and the last two leaked at the same time four years after the first.

I would not say the factory injectors are "bad." Mine lasted at least 150K miles before developing the slow leaks. They leak at the joint between the plastic electrical connector and the metal injector body. You end up with brown stains on the manifold on the back side of the injector and the smell of fuel in the air whenever the car is parked after running for a while. That is why many mistakenly think they need to replace the injector to manifold seal. In reality all it does is seal the manifold vacuum. The fuel is atomized by the time it reaches the manifold. When you have the injector off you will see where it has leaked as while it is installed you cannot see the back side of it.

Good luck with it.