PDA

View Full Version : cat-back exhaust

BOLINKXR-89LXI
12-24-2002, 06:59 PM
:) I was looken for a cat-back for my accord dose anyone no who makes a good cat-back and about how much do they cost I was thinken it mite make A little more power for my new b20a thanks:smokin:

dXsquared
12-24-2002, 08:05 PM
get a 2.25 inch pipe bent from the cat back and attach a muffler of choice. what evr u do, dont get a Pacesetter cat back!

Travis

socal3rdgen
12-24-2002, 08:12 PM
dude i got place that will do it for not that much. out here. keep your muffler just have them cut it of. youll probably pay about 90 bucks all together

BOLINKXR-89LXI
12-25-2002, 12:40 AM
Whats the deal with the pacesetter why is it bad

Thanks sccal we will talk :smokin:

RobT5580
12-25-2002, 08:36 AM
Trust me dont waist your money it is very low quality and dont last long (maybe longer depending on your climate) but they really suck. I have had 2 of them and the paint comes off then they rust and the pipe is low quality and my last one is even bent wrong and hits the heat sheild. I bought an aftermarket muffler and took it to a shop and it is great. DC Sports did make one before but the discontinued it a while ago and i would spend the $550 or so for it cause its very high grade and will last a long time but they wont reproduce it again.

Jims 86LXI HB
12-25-2002, 08:42 AM
Why can't anyone use the seach feature on the board? Cat-back's and the pacesetter catback have been talked about allot recently. Let's start doing a search first.:sadwave:

Y3G
12-25-2002, 08:48 AM
pacesetter's headers are ok if you get the armorcoated ones (the black paint burns off the first time you start the car.there exhausts well you get what you pay for.go out and get a muffler of you choice(ractive,r1,ac,matrix,dynomax,etc..) and get some thing custom bent

BOLINKXR-89LXI
12-25-2002, 09:25 AM
:) Thanks for the info on the pacesetter I think Im going to stay away from that iv got a dc header comeing in the mail maybe ill just get a pipe made .Iv already got a nice muffler .:smokin:

socal3rdgen
12-25-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Jims 86LXI HB
Why can't anyone use the seach feature on the board? Cat-back's and the pacesetter catback have been talked about allot recently. Let's start doing a search first.:sadwave:

dont worry about bolink i think hes been smokin some bad shit. :huh: :flip: or it could be too much eggnog.

TommyJ
12-25-2002, 10:59 AM
i gotta pace setter cat back ,the tips startin to rott out and it sound no differant from stock ,,the only thing im keepinoff it is the pipes to the muffler, i got a ractive fireball or whatever gettin welded up to the 2.14 pipe ,,worst 400 bucks ever spent ,, so do not buy it especially from canadian tire ,

BOLINKXR-89LXI
12-26-2002, 10:29 AM
its all good thanks iv got a frind who has a shop he gives me a pretty good deal im just get it made with my muffler :smokin:

Whitehonda
12-27-2002, 02:37 PM
I am confused as to why everyone hates the pacesetter exaust? I have it, loped off the shitty mufler, put on my stainless Borla and it works fine. I think the catback is better than the balck painted header they put out, that it just poor quality.

Cameron

Jims 86LXI HB
12-27-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Whitehonda
I am confused as to why everyone hates the pacesetter exaust? I have it, loped off the shitty mufler, put on my stainless Borla and it works fine. I think the catback is better than the balck painted header they put out, that it just poor quality.

Cameron

What are you confused about? Everytime the subject is brought up you say that.

$159 to buy
Makes only 1.6hp at best
You will want to remove that muffler that comes with it and replace it.

Shouldn't it offer power level's that compair with a dynomax super turbo?

Shouldn't it come with a muffler that doesn't need to be replaced right away to have decent power gain's and not rust?

Still confused? All this has been discussed over and over again.

Whitehonda
12-27-2002, 03:13 PM
I know, and you can see right in my sig that I chopped off the Pacesetter right away. I never put it on the car with the pacesetter muffler. I bought it knowing the muffler sucked. I know the muffler sucks so chop it off and get a better one. I guess I am not confused, just think people dis it more that it deserves. I think your right people need to use the damn search engines!!! I am just throwing in my 2 cents worth every time it comes around.

Cameron

Jims 86LXI HB
12-27-2002, 03:23 PM
I get it, well said:wave:

dXsquared
12-27-2002, 04:19 PM
but for the price, you could get a muffler and pipe bent... you jus have to look for a small shop that isnt very busy and you will get a killer price... i always get good deals at this little one owner store. he is fast, cheap and his pipes last a long time... a full three inch dual exhaust with a muffler welded in each pipe cost 200 bucks... thats installed, and in about 35 minutes!
thats canadian dollars. most of you guys pay that for a 2.25 inch single cat back! dont go to midas, or meineke or Speedy... just find a little place.

Travis