PDA

View Full Version : 3geez in import tuner

carlessNcareless
12-24-2002, 07:52 PM
I just read this in my new import tuner (some1 bought the subscription as a gift a while back..)

i think after you all get pissed for what it says you should thank me...for typing it all....

Import Tuner
February 2003
Going Postal

Karl pisses off more readers!
the primer: An excerpt from our August 2002 issue cover car story. "(Spoon Sports) does, however, support all your favorites: the Civic, the Integra and naturally, the S2000, Honda's two-seat, open top, 9000-rpm rocket pod - the car you should be driving instead of your older brother's '89 Accord. God damn, you hate that Accord don't you? And now the attack begins.

Dear 2NR,

What were you thinking? the third-gen Accord was the best car eve built by Honda. What are you driving, a loud, dropped Civic with 18s and the biggest spoiler you could find? Have some respect for third-gen Accords. S2000s are faster, Civics and Integras have more aftermarket support (and are faster) but my '86 LX is going to be running long after all you kids put your Civics and Tegs into a highway barrier when a Mustang taunts you at a stoplight. And you think your cold air intake makes your D16 into a race car. My car has 187,000 miles, but it never lets me down. The third-gen Accord has a lot of patential, so let's show some respect, OK? Check out www.3geez.com so you can see how serious myself and a few hundred other people are.
Grant G.
Via Internet

Dear 2NR,

I own a third-gen ('86-89) Accounrd and I think that was a real messed up thing to say. Comments like those are exactly why 3g owners pretty much hate ecery 'import' magazine out there - because they have no respect for under-appreciated cars and are biased to cars that are "in". If I could I would take 3g Accord over a Civic or Integra any day, though I should rally be thanking you because comments like those just fuel my fire and make me want to run every Civic and Integra in the ground even more.
Gabe, 3geez.com
Via Internet

Here's what I was thinking (even though Karl is the one responsible for writing that article): Back in 1993, my older brother really did have an '87 Accord Lxi.It has 112k miles on it, and hardly anything worked. You were lucky to get the car started in the morning, the automatic transmission shifted at will, the 500-lb rear hatch wouldn't hold itself up to save it's life and the motor drank oil like it was Red Bull and Vodka. I helped him fix it every weekend for the two years he owned the car (in spite of the fact that its previous owner was a certified Honda mechanic) until it was finally put to sleep in a rear end collision while it was parked (the car was sidelined by our house because it WASN"T RUNNING). So, while I do have some level of respect for the car as a passenger vehicle, I can't imagine that Steph Papadakis is going to run 7s in his tube chasis Lxi hatchback, that Lisa Kubo is going to "strike Accord" in a unibody sedan, or the guys at real time will make that switch to racing '89 Accord Type Rs. So, both of you and the 850 odd posting membes of your forum can check out the title sponser for the IDRC drag racing sanctioning body (www.importing.com) for a few pointers. The title sponser ti Auto Trader Magazines and its web site is www.autotraders.com click on "old skool". Cheers.

lol, my mom typed this for em becaus eshe types ultra fast and i type slow as shit so please excuse all typos..

socal3rdgen
12-24-2002, 08:03 PM
thank you for typing that whats that guys address i seem to have came across this pipe bomb laying around my room.

Scotts88WhiteLX-i
12-24-2002, 10:07 PM
lol socal3rdgen :lol: I get import tuner and i missed that in the issue...........

1989 DX R
12-24-2002, 10:53 PM
I just wrote them a nasty (but grammatically correct) letter.

anchovies
12-24-2002, 11:24 PM
ah...good advertising for 3geez.com :D

socal3rdgen
12-25-2002, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by 1989 DX R
I just wrote them a nasty (but grammatically correct) letter.

post it

Neuspeed007
12-25-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Scotts88WhiteLX-i
lol socal3rdgen :lol: I get import tuner and i missed that in the issue........... '

werd me too

Neuspeed87lx
12-25-2002, 07:31 PM
someone needs to build a 10 second 3g

Neuspeed007
12-25-2002, 07:35 PM
haha totally, then thatll turn some heads.

carlessNcareless
12-25-2002, 08:43 PM
i think its abd that they didnt even have remorse for what they did, a 10 second 3gee isnt that damn hard to make, just nobody has the money for it right now...i dont think its that damn ahrd to do a custom mounted H22a or make a tube chassis..just aint nobody got the cash money

88turboaccord
12-25-2002, 08:49 PM
I am trying for 11's...

bobafett
12-25-2002, 09:14 PM
:) my hero!

89accordboi
12-25-2002, 09:20 PM
my moms boyfriend has a less then 10 second pontiac fiero :) 0-60 in less then 4 seconds and 401hp, i forgot how many lb's of torque tho

Y3G
12-25-2002, 09:21 PM
3g'z gotsta represent

Neuspeed87lx
12-25-2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by 88turboaccord
I am trying for 11's...

i hope you can hit 11's ... that would be sweet...video tape your runs and post it !

anchovies
12-25-2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by 88turboaccord
I am trying for 11's...

On A20 that's hell of a job. Go for it [thumbsup]

Neuspeed87lx
12-25-2002, 09:54 PM
like ive said before ....the a20 at the englishtown races i went to ran 12s!

anchovies
12-25-2002, 11:14 PM
those last seconds are very difficult to take off

bobafett
12-26-2002, 06:15 AM
yeah but i am SURE it can be done :)

how far are you away from doing some runs at the track justin?

Mike's89AccordLX
12-26-2002, 06:50 AM
We should all donate some money towards a 3GEEZ. com car. It would be all of our guy's car. We could then have enough money to make those mods so then we would be known. And have some lucky bastard drive it. That would change that guys mind about us. Then we'll race his shitty civic. Just my $0.02

carotman
12-26-2002, 07:31 AM
11's is really possible with a A20A.... someguy was doing htat on a dual carbed prelude with NOs (I'm sure lots of you saw that picture)

BensAccordLxi
12-26-2002, 08:01 AM
I just wrote a nice letter to Import Tuner. I hope we get to see the letter in an upcomming issue.

SQ is the SQUAD
12-26-2002, 01:25 PM
one dayill be on the cover

carlessNcareless
12-26-2002, 08:13 PM
not with that early 90's import paint job buddy

HondaBoy
12-26-2002, 09:43 PM
most people dont respect our 3geez. infact, most of my friends dont. but my best friend realy seems to believe in my car. i think with some must have aftermarket parts, which i hope someone will produce, we can show all the dumb asses what car they should have made into a sporty car. is it just me, or can our engines take just about whatever we throw at em? my engine is running better than my moms '97 neon. i hope to do some custom stuff to make my car a lil faster.

Mike's89AccordLX
12-26-2002, 09:59 PM
I get no respect either.

AccordEpicenter
12-26-2002, 10:08 PM
I like em cuz their not riced out and stereotyped like civics and those POS neons. I do like civics (all honda/acuras). I mean you gotta give us credit, we customize stuff on these cars by making stuff for them, not grabbing some off the shelf aluminum wing like on all those ricers. I swear somebody could make a car that could do at least 12s with the a20 turbo'd and a little nos. Id do it myself but since im still in college I cant affort for the car to be down more than like a day, and I dont wanna worry about blowing up transmissions/clutches/axles with too much power. It can be done tho, and if its done right the car could be a daily driver imo

Toby
12-27-2002, 08:58 PM
so its issue: Import Tuner, February 2003??
i will have to look out for it. whats on the cover??
i have seen them around in some of the local newsagents.

Toby
12-27-2002, 09:00 PM
why do they come out so early?? its late Dec. 02 and its issue Feb. 03

Grant2k
12-30-2002, 08:30 PM
shit, my letter got into a magazine. too bad i never read that magazine. i'll have to buy the backissue just to have it.

carlessNcareless
12-31-2002, 05:29 PM
hell grant ill mail u mine, lol...

dXsquared
12-31-2002, 06:08 PM
i dunno if this has been posted yet... this is on the import tuner website... this guy lives in my home town... he claims it has 200 HP!!! its only 6 hours away... i should go up there and shoot the bastard!

http://www.mcmullenargus.com/gallery/photos/33198_b.jpg

Travis

markmdz89hatch
01-02-2003, 07:48 AM
can someone post the addy where we need to send replies to?

I think I'm going to have to write up a little nasty-gram.

Guys, the one thing that we all have to remember if we're going to send in a reply to this is that there's a right way, and a wrong way to go about getting your point accross. No vulgarities, no grammer or spelling errors, and no personal attacks unless done tastefully. Keep it general, keep it short and sweet, and keep it professional. If there's one thing that this 3G community as a whole has over the rest of the import world is that we're (mostly) intelligent and resourcefull people. We've not just jumped on the civic and 'teg bandwagon and abandoned the 3G. We see the potential these cars have, not just performance, but also reliability, and go against the grain and keep these cars on the road, and looking pretty good too.

PS.. That guy down at Englishtown with the turbo's A20 hatch mentioned that his best run was an 11.7.

A20A1
01-02-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
We should all donate some money towards a 3GEEZ. com car. It would be all of our guy's car. We could then have enough money to make those mods so then we would be known. And have some lucky bastard drive it. That would change that guys mind about us. Then we'll race his shitty civic. Just my $0.02

Yeah I'm sure Justin is always looking for donations. :D
But the co-ownership bit is kinda hard to do.

Just say sponsored by www.3geez.com ... and give a list of names for those that donated money somewhere on this site. :D

maka_RTH
01-02-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by A20A1
Yeah I'm sure Justin is always looking for donations. :D
But the co-ownership bit is kinda hard to do.

Just say sponsored by www.3geez.com ... and give a list of names for those that donated money somewhere on this site. :D
yah, that'd be cool to see justin's car finally done lol. i'd donate some to show them what these 3geez are capable of

marc49
01-02-2003, 09:48 PM
the problem with doing a donation on justins car is, we would expect him to submit his car to every damn magazine out there to show what we can do with our cars. But I am sure Justin is concerned about "advertising" his car and having to worry about people screwing his car up because they saw it in a magazine.

If Justin doesn't mind, that is something we should consider though :)

Also, any letters to import tuner, PLEASE be respectful and friendly. Remember, we want to get these magazines on our sides not alienate them :)

88turboaccord
01-02-2003, 11:39 PM
I will get the car done sooner or later. I am waiting on a few things, I also figured that another $4600 in parts, and I will be on my way. I am waiting on a few things that are supposed to be on their way-----carotman--cough--cough, and I will start working on the car again. at least I know and have a list of all the parts I need..

A20A1
01-03-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by marc49
the problem with doing a donation on justins car is, we would expect him to submit his car to every damn magazine out there to show what we can do with our cars...

I wouldn't expect him to submit it to every car magazine... remember "If you build it, they will come." :lol

89accordboi
01-07-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by DXHATCHBACK
i dunno if this has been posted yet... this is on the import tuner website... this guy lives in my home town... he claims it has 200 HP!!! its only 6 hours away... i should go up there and shoot the bastard!

Travis

yes he deserves to be shot for having that gay front bumper :werd:

edit>>and the rain guards

maka_RTH
01-07-2003, 09:58 PM

that almost looks like he has it on top of the stock bumper, the license plate sits behind the bumper..., :werd:

RobT5580
01-08-2003, 07:43 AM
Easier said than done but I think Justins car will hit 11s cause the one some of us saw at the track this fall was running 12s and the design was pretty hacked up. I would think he is having some flow problems with the transition in his turbo manifold and even the piping wasnt bent properly. I give him lots of credit but I am all for doing it the right way and i would say justins setup looked pretty damn good for being all custom done.

DigitaLuminescence
01-08-2003, 11:38 AM

Travis
Ewww... I think I'm going to ralph... :barf:

That piece of shyte is on the import tuner website??? I swear, that is the stupidest thing I have ever seen on a 3g. Whoever owns that car is giving our Accords a bad reputation.

Damn, I'd shoot him myself but I don't think I'd make it in time. How 'bout I just mail someone a grenade launcher.

Grant2k
01-08-2003, 07:26 PM
isn't that 88AccordGSR's car? i think it is, but either way i know it's somebody's who posts all the time.

Neuspeed007
01-08-2003, 08:49 PM
im just sayin this cause im a ricy guy, i like it

Inabj2
01-11-2003, 07:45 PM
Shit.. a sponsored 3geez car. I like it.

People dont flame import tuner let em have it. We should really consider this 3geez sponzored car though.

Imagine an 11 second 3geez. having sponsor stickers from nate, racing for 3geez pride. In competitions. ANd having a pit crew of loyal 3geezians.. ah the wonderful wonderful dream.

Inabj2
01-11-2003, 07:49 PM
then being extremely successful and having our own 3geez tuning shop. ah... that eventually grows nation wide..

ahh.. *goes on dreaming*

Y3G
01-13-2003, 03:41 PM
I just got the IMPORT TUNER with said letters
way to go gabe and grant!!!

buzzbomber88lx
01-13-2003, 04:11 PM
That car would actually be kinda cool with some diff. wheels and paint the damn car ONE color instead of 20!!!!! I kinda like that bumber on it. I must be a rice fan or somethin. i dunno

Inabj2
01-13-2003, 09:36 PM
I just saw that fucking magazine. Did you see the piece of shit that was on readers rides?

Omfg what a fucking pile of ricey piece of shit. I was actually pissed off when i put that magazine down. And in a loud booming voice i dissed the cars there in front of the fucking kids that were fucking jacking off to it.

Yeah they starred me down all though as of "I know he just didint diss my mad type r civic YO!"

Fucking cunts.

Import Tuners. giving imports a bad name..

end rant.