PDA

View Full Version : help! help! help!

socal3rdgen
12-25-2002, 07:13 PM
i need a list of things to check. my car wont start. it just does a click and then nothing. the power is still there. but my stereo wont play sound. but has power. anyways it wont crank what so ever. please help i have to go to work tommorow. thanks

socal3rdgen
12-25-2002, 07:17 PM
i have had my car on for at least 6-7 hours. while i was in the garage. youll see why im going to post pics later this week. but i thought when a battery wen tdead that the car wouldnt even light up.

loco87
12-25-2002, 07:30 PM
it could be a dead battery or a lose battery clamp. check it out.

socal3rdgen
12-25-2002, 07:55 PM
would a dead battery still be able to turn my lights on and everthing else for that matter. not tryin to get smart.

maka_RTH
12-25-2002, 07:59 PM
it could but just not give enough power to turn the crank. try to jump it, if that doesn't do it, then i'd say its the starter.

johndej
12-25-2002, 08:04 PM
if you can get ahold of a charger, then charge it for a while. umm....... i know one time we charged my batter too hard though (wrong amp settings) and it boiled the battery water out, so yours could need water (i've had it freeze before and it wouldn't work untill it thawed). thats about all i can think of, just get a jump if you can't get a charger and drive it around so the alternater gives it some juice too.

socal3rdgen
12-25-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by maka_RTH
it could but just not give enough power to turn the crank. try to jump it, if that doesn't do it, then i'd say its the starter.

ding ding ding thats correct. thats what happened. i just got a jump[ and it worked. so the moral of this story is dont leave your radio on for 5 hours. :lol thats what i did to drain the battery on accident

thanks for the help guys

Jareds 89 LX-i
12-25-2002, 08:32 PM
If you've had the key on without it running for 6-7 hours than I can guarentee you 99% it's your battery. I've been through this many times on both my car and my sisters car. I have a trouble light that runs off the cig lighter, and after a few hours of using that the car won't start. All the lights and radio and everything work just like normal because they are not high draw stuff, but the starter pulls so much juice it just doesn't have enough to crank. Put a charger on it or jump start it and drive around for awile before shutting it off again to let it charge up good.

Jareds 89 LX-i
12-25-2002, 08:33 PM
Oops...too late :tongue:

Glad you got her going

socal3rdgen
12-25-2002, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Jareds 89 LX-i
Oops...too late :tongue:

Glad you got her going

thanks for the help anyways.