PDA

View Full Version : question about power stearing

iiviasterp
12-25-2002, 09:00 PM
well im ditching my AC and im thinkin about ditchin my power steering as well.....ive drivin cars with no power steering and its not that bad once you get rollin, but my question is this, for those who have removed their PS, how tight is the steering and do you recomend i ditch or keep the power steering?

89accordboi
12-25-2002, 09:07 PM
dude my friend has an 84 corollo w/o power streering and its SO HARD to turn when ur not moving omg its not fun, i love my power steering

Neuspeed87lx
12-25-2002, 09:12 PM
well my civic dosent have ps and my accord does.... i notice no difference when the car is rolling ... when your stopped it is a little hard to turn the wheel....but i never need to turn the wheel much when im not movin

anchovies
12-25-2002, 09:17 PM
Ditching or keeping the power steering is your choice. But without changing into a manual rack, the power steering rack will not last very long without the fluid.

maka_RTH
12-25-2002, 09:18 PM
where do you find a manual steering rack? and how much of a difference in power does it actually make when you remove the p/s?

anchovies
12-25-2002, 09:31 PM
I don't know about difference in power as I didn't try this but should be less than substantial to be able to feel the power difference. But if you remove the belt/pulley, hence less work for the crankshaft, so more goes to turn your wheels. It's more for the "feel" of the road for the driver instead (racing).

Manual rack can be found in Canada. Do a search.

pimp86LX
12-25-2002, 11:10 PM
my ps rack took a dive! how difficult is the removal/installation procedure?

ACCORD EX
12-26-2002, 08:25 AM
man you won't to ditch a working system ! damn ! :(

MIKE

AZmike
12-27-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by pimp86LX
my ps rack took a dive! how difficult is the removal/installation procedure?

It's not too bad if you can follow instructions and have a good repair manual. It took me a few hours each day one weekend. Don't forget to get an alignment immediately.