PDA

View Full Version : paint molding or not

DROPPED88
12-26-2002, 09:49 AM
my car is dark blue please tell me what you think would look better with the molding painted or not, if i dont shave my molding i want to know weather the molding would look better painted or not

markmdz89hatch
12-26-2002, 09:55 AM
paint it, you get more of a clean look. I know that I must seem like a hypocrite, but if ur bumpers are already paint-matched, and all you've got is the stripe to paint, do it, it'll look a whole lot better.

BensAccordLxi
12-26-2002, 10:25 AM
I like the black molding look

Mike89Accordcom
12-26-2002, 11:21 AM
I waited 6 years to paint mine, and I'm glad I did. It brought out the car more, and matched real good.

Tim Yoak
12-26-2002, 03:24 PM
somewhere here I've got a picture I got off one of the other websites it looks really good painted especially on the white cars. just keep scrolling down until you see the one with the painted moldings www.pauldesign.ru/honda/ph_bodykit.html

RobT5580
12-26-2002, 03:30 PM
I think it all depends on color. The Si Blue accord (accorddudes car) looked nice with the black molding and i think it would have been too much with them painted. Im gonna have to because im planning on doing a Xenon kit and would look odd without them painted but i also plan on painting it white so it will look fine. I think if your car is dark blue i would keep them black.

Mike's89AccordLX
12-26-2002, 04:04 PM
I think it would look good painted no matter what the color. Removed is much better though.

bobafett
12-26-2002, 04:06 PM
i agree that sometimes another color looks good with blue... but for white, or black, you just GOTTA paint those faded bumpers!

Tim Yoak
12-26-2002, 05:09 PM
:rolleyes: yea I know that's what I'm doing now, does anyone know a source for honda greek white in spray cans

Project-LXi
12-27-2002, 11:40 AM
On dark blue, I would definatly paint the molding w/o a second thought. On white cars I think they can look good either way, depending on what else has been done to the car. On black cars, there is no real point unless they are faded. On my car, which is black I am considering shaving the molding altogether, I think that would look pretty sweet on dark blue accord too.

Tim Yoak
12-27-2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Project-LXi
On dark blue, I would definatly paint the molding w/o a second thought. On white cars I think they can look good either way, depending on what else has been done to the car. On black cars, there is no real point unless they are faded. On my car, which is black I am considering shaving the molding altogether, I think that would look pretty sweet on dark blue accord too. go to www.pauldesign.ru/honda/ph_bodykit.html and scroll down to see some painted moldings

Tim Yoak
12-27-2002, 11:57 AM
just make sure when you paint them that you clean the material very well and use an adhesion promoter so the paint sticks properly and doesn't flake.

AccordEpicenter
12-28-2002, 09:48 PM
on blue, paint em, itll be readily noticeable and give the car a nicer look...