PDA

View Full Version : Making a throttle spring bracket?

Mike's89AccordLX
12-26-2002, 01:13 PM
Ok, I bought the Mr. Gasket dual spring and bracket. Well I can't use the fatter spring because of all the old vacuum lines. I could possibly bend them a little bit. This is what I have for materials: soldering iron kit, some alluminum brackets off an integra air intake and some left over brackets from my weber conversion. What I was thinking is soldering the alluminum brackets to the metal vacuum lines. Think that would work? Or am I missing something here? Where do you carb people have your throttle spring hooked up to, other than the throttle bracket? Thanks a lot guys.

:wave:

2old_honda
12-26-2002, 07:05 PM
no you cant solder that. what you really should do is remove the metal vac lines and then make a bracket. you can get small L brackets and other stuff like that at a hardware store. then find a bolt or hole that you can bolt the bracket to.

dXsquared
12-26-2002, 07:12 PM
i have a stock weber spring and its attached to the brake booster... i really need to get a new spring!

Travis

Mike's89AccordLX
12-26-2002, 08:36 PM
I have all the vacuum lines still. I think they're all plugged though. How do I remove them ?

Greg
12-28-2002, 08:07 AM
Solder wouldn't hold something to the metal vacuum lines. I agree that the best way to make your new bracket stable would be to remove something from the carb that you're not using and use its bolt holes (choke opener, FIU, dashpot bracket...). Just make sure you rig something to take care of the function of whatever device you're using.

But you might be able to secure it elsewhere. Why don't you give us a picture of your setup right now, show us where you want to install it, and then maybe I could give better suggestions.

Mike's89AccordLX
12-28-2002, 08:54 AM
Well theres that little screw hole I could use that's on the manifold. (it is actually a L bracket holding the vacuum lines. Anyone know how I can remove the vacuum lines? I could just use L brackets and bolts and lock washers so it's tight. Plus it would be nice to have the extra room (without all the vacuum lines)