PDA

View Full Version : carpet

dXsquared
12-26-2002, 05:44 PM
i dunno where to put this, so here it is...

i have the chance to get a carpet for real cheap, but its for a 2 door... i have heard they are the same, but i need to make shur... does any one know? i have a HB

Travis

dXsquared
12-26-2002, 06:52 PM
refreshed... some one answer me

Travis

AccordEpicenter
12-26-2002, 11:03 PM
Umm i think they are the same, but im not sure, the 2door and 4door are different i believe

Mike's89AccordLX
12-26-2002, 11:11 PM
They look different b/c the back of it wouldn't line up with the rear door sills. But that's just from eyeing it.

MrBen
12-26-2002, 11:27 PM
It would fit with trimming I think. And personally I think that would look like shit. Go on Ebay and search for your car, they pop up every now and then.

Personally I dont like the appearance of hatchbacks... looks too much like the 80's Mustang:werd:

Mike's89AccordLX
12-26-2002, 11:40 PM
www.jcw.com has pre moulded carpets for under $80

dXsquared
12-27-2002, 12:53 PM
i can find them for 199 and it says it fits 1982 - 2003... WTF? if u can find it, give me a link!

Travis

Mike's89AccordLX
12-27-2002, 01:36 PM
What, they raised the prices? I found them on that site a year ago for that a price.

markmdz89hatch
12-27-2002, 01:48 PM
just found this site in a quick search...

http://www.1aauto.com/carpet/honda.htm

...I think that the coupe and hatch use the same carpet, 'least it looks like it anyway. I'll line up my old hatch carpet to my coupe and see what it looks like. Honestly though, I'm 99% sure it'll work perfectly.

markmdz89hatch
12-27-2002, 01:50 PM
...shit, forgot to mention one thing though...

remember, when you buy a new replacement carpet, you can't just rip ur old one out and slap the new one in. I wish it was that easy. Actually, you'll have to take out the old once you get the new, then bring them both down to an upholstery shop and have them take the plastic runners and clips and sew them onto the new one. You also might need to have the badding reglued to the new carpet as it might not come with it.

89AccordNate
12-27-2002, 10:03 PM
No you dont have to do any of that. I put in new carpet in my car and nothing has to be done by a shop. The carpet is molded to the floor just like the stock carpet, all you need to do is cut the holes for the seats, ecu, center console, etc.

The plastic things on the side that holds the carpet into the runners are used with staples. All you do is pull the edge of the staple back off of the stock carpet, and then reattach it in the proper location on the new carpet. Using the old carpet is a good way to find out where you need to make the initial cuts. The aauto carpet will come a little to large, for custom fitment, etc. So cutting the edges around first is the best way to do it most efficiently.

The whole process takes about 2-3 hours. Its a pain in the ass cutting the holes, but its well worth it once its all finished.

My carpet was about $133. shipped.

Nate.