PDA

View Full Version : Wheels On 3geez

HondaBoy
12-26-2002, 09:50 PM
i have wanted to put a multi-spoke rim on my car. i like the team loco rimz. they must have about 24 spokes on em. i dont know how much they are but i know those are the ones for me. maybe post some pix or say which rimz you want, or have on your 3gee. the ones i want are 144 on this page.
http://www.wheeltech.com/TeamLoco/teamloco.html
you like?

Chrome_thangs
12-26-2002, 10:34 PM
In my opinion the multi-spoke rims are too close to the stock look.
I wouldn't go w/ anymore than the 10 spoke.

socal3rdgen
12-26-2002, 10:39 PM
i like five fat spokes,i think it gives the car a more aggressive look.

Mike's89AccordLX
12-26-2002, 10:54 PM
Dude I have Team Loco rims for sale with Yokohama avid H4's on them. They are #142. One rims has a crack in it though. The tires are all good still. They're 17"s and really sweet looking. I don't know much about rims so I don't know if it can be repaired or not. But you could always buy one from Team Loco to match it. I have my SI rims now so I don't want to buy another rim for them b/c I won't use them anymore. PM with an offer. I have no idea what shipping would be.

markmdz89hatch
12-27-2002, 06:42 AM
i think they would look great! I had celeb masterpiece 21 spoke 17's on my car for a few hours about 2 yrs. ago, and loved the way they looked. Take a look at the 3Geez logo at the top of the page, that's just about what you're looking at right there.

Personally though, I'd go for the cleaner look of a rim very similar, but with a center cap to cover the lugs. That's just IMO though.

Project-LXi
12-27-2002, 11:19 AM
I think 142 are the best looking on that page. Too many spokes on 144 for the body style of the Accord IMO.

For my car I just bought 16" chrome Niche Bellas with Toyo FZ-4 Proxies. They might be a bit on the heavy side, but damn they sure look good.

However, just like I dont really like style 144 on that page, Im sure plenty of people think Niche Bellas look like shit too, so I guess my advice is get whatever you think looks good. After all its your car not theirs! :D

pearldrop
12-27-2002, 01:00 PM
I had Team Loco 142's on my Accord for about 8 months. I think they are the best looking of course.:pimp:

Tim Yoak
12-27-2002, 03:38 PM
:cool: acura integra wheels look great and are factory honda. check out www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10949 these are from an 88 integra rs. and no they are not wrecked, that's just the light on the wheel. all I had to do to the center caps was wrap some electrical tape around the retention spring to stop them from rattling.

HondaBoy
12-27-2002, 10:14 PM
well i realy like those rims on that page i showed ya. im just wondering, is it more practical to just get 16s over 17s? cheaper tires, not as easy to bend the rims on bumpy roads, and also they still look nice and big. my friend just put some nice nippon 17s on his acclaim. makes the car looks cleaner and gives it a new look. im on for more oppinions and sugestions.

HondaBoy
12-27-2002, 10:17 PM
let me ax ya another question. is anyone like me? i like to have all of the stock or catalouge ordered honda/acura rims. i want to get some but havnt had good luck finding good ones. i will probley get a few more sets of rims to fill my garage and tool shed with.lol.

Tim Yoak
12-27-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by HondaBoy
let me ax ya another question. is anyone like me? i like to have all of the stock or catalouge ordered honda/acura rims. i want to get some but havnt had good luck finding good ones. i will probley get a few more sets of rims to fill my garage and tool shed with.lol. well I'm looking for more integra rims like i've got one for my spare tire, and two to go on my little trailer I pull behind me on trips. Ever tried to put 3 people and luggage in one of these? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mike's89AccordLX
12-27-2002, 10:25 PM
Well I have my stock wheels, Team Loco #142 wheels, and my Prelude SI rims. The one of my loco rims I don't think is repairable. It's a pretty big crack. But the tires still have 80% tread life on them and the 3 other rims are in great condition. If you want to buy them I'll sell them. All you'd need to do is order one of the #142 from them. I'm too lazy and I just got my SI rims so I don't need my lovely 17"s anymore. They did look sweet on my car though. I'll get pics of the rims and a pic of the crack (I don't think you can repair it but I don't know crap about wheels) PM me or email me with offers They do have great Yokohama Avid H4s on them.

Tim Yoak
12-27-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
Well I have my stock wheels, Team Loco #142 wheels, and my Prelude SI rims. The one of my loco rims I don't think is repairable. It's a pretty big crack. But the tires still have 80% tread life on them and the 3 other rims are in great condition. If you want to buy them I'll sell them. All you'd need to do is order one of the #142 from them. I'm too lazy and I just got my SI rims so I don't need my lovely 17"s anymore. They did look sweet on my car though. I'll get pics of the rims and a pic of the crack (I don't think you can repair it but I don't know crap about wheels) PM me or email me with offers They do have great Yokohama Avid H4s on them. Can't fix cracks, some companys can but it's very expensive and best on rare wheels, I'm searching for stock integra rims like I've got now. thanks though

Mike's89AccordLX
12-27-2002, 10:47 PM
Well I was saying you could pay for just one new rim too. I'm using the cracked rim as a foot stool in my room. Maybe I should put them on ebay if no one here is interested in them.

HondaBoy
12-28-2002, 01:14 PM
i would like to get those rims, but then again, i am going to buy them brand new. go for it, sell em on ebay!!! i know that someone will want em. im going to call today and see how much i can get em for. ill probley spend more than i want though.

HondaBoy
12-28-2002, 09:27 PM
damn it . they have to wait till monday to get any prices on rims. im thinkin i can get em for under $800? i hope so.

Neuspeed87lx
12-28-2002, 09:33 PM
man those look like a bitch to clean

HondaBoy
12-28-2002, 09:44 PM
yeah. thats a problem i have already thought of. it will be a bitch to clean em. but i would love to have them. i hope soon.

SiR
12-29-2002, 07:23 PM
Take a look at the 142s, I was really close in getting the 144s when I purchased the 142s instead.

http://www.imgstudio.com/IMGphotos/2002/November/9/stamp_original/110920029100544.jpg
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8914

Rooz

Y3G
12-30-2002, 04:25 PM
thoes look good
i'm thinking about new rims too. They are from BSA i dont know the name of them but they are like a 6 spoke konig knock-off i want them in 18x7.5'' in chrome of course on toyo's