PDA

View Full Version : Who had the double webber?

89HatchAzn
05-20-2002, 06:42 AM
Who had the double webber on there a20???

PhydeauX
05-20-2002, 08:33 AM
There was someone who had the setup on the old board, it was a gen2 prelude and the guy doesn't seem to be around any more. I'm in the process of doing it right now.

andy

89HatchAzn
05-21-2002, 07:50 PM
OK.....tell me when you find him.

PhydeauX
05-21-2002, 08:08 PM
I don't think I'll ever find him again. If you have a question about doing something like that I'm probalby the one to ask.

andy

AccordSi
05-21-2002, 08:58 PM
I'm right here guys. I got the dual webers...sorry I took so long to get over to the new board. It looks great...I'm glad we finally have our own space.

What's up?

89HatchAzn
05-22-2002, 06:43 AM
I FOUND THE HOLY ONE!!! Hahahaha. Anyways, that guy tried to tell me it was a lude with the dual webbers. Well anyways. I want to know how much hp you are pullin' off? I want to do dual webbers...

Tell me everything on about the dual webbers. HOw do webbers work and the advantages of them compared with regular carbs.

Did you do the dual webber conversation yourself or did someone do it for ya???

Help me do a dual webber conversation on my A20.

AccordSi
05-22-2002, 10:26 AM
Okay lets see where I can start. I posted on this before. My car was done at an ace mechanic's shop. I raised compression, bought custom cams from Crower and a bunch of other goodies. The webers were put on by the garage. I did it because my old garage burnt out my ECU and harness. Well, I cut my old A20A manifold (since it can fit the B20A intake manifold) and welded the weber plate onto it. I used two 45 DCOEs. They're running 40mm jets but we had to drill the jets during the tuning process, as it was leaning out a bit. I use premium unleaded becuase of my compression and the engine is slightly rich right now. Tuning the carbs is a real pain in the ass if you don't know how to. I advise some advice on this, since it is very possible to have flat spots throughout your power range.
My accord idles kinda rough...brup...brup..brup...brup...you know, with a mild puff of black smoke on idle. I believe the complements of the other mods help me right up to the neat 7200rpm rev limiter. It pulls from 2700rpm and pulls frighteningly hard from 5000rpm. I really don't carry it past 7000rpm too much. Tires chirp in most gears under hard acceleration but what really impresses me is the small chirp I sometimes get from 3rd to 4th gear. I also like the way the wheels break out slightly under low rpm acceleration in 1st gear, when it is punched during a rolling start. It's way faster than it ever was.
In terms of actual official paperwork, I can't say that I have any. I haven't changed my bushings so I don't run on the track. On the streets I have run against Civic Si's and Sr20 Sentras.....I have beaten a lot of them, especially when 3rd gear kicks in. Some boosted guys really put me too shame..hahahha. But it all good. Judging from my perform,ance with the Si's I would assume that I have somewhere in the area of 180+hp. I'm assuming, though most people tell me I m,ay have more. I beat a 94 Prelude Si, but again I assume it is because I'm lighter and the guy couldn't drive.
So I'm still looking for my 200hp B20A Accord...I have some plans still for my all motor project. And when I get the 200hp I'm done........yeah right.

accordSi

89HatchAzn
05-22-2002, 08:16 PM
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok....so wha do I need to do to get my engine runnin' on dual webber??? what do I need to get??? who do I need to see???? My engine is 191mi on it.

AccordSi
05-22-2002, 10:02 PM
I'm no expert, I did my engine at a high performance garage.....but I can tell you that the webers are really geared for high rpm performance. They really bring out the top end. I had a lot of miles on my engine so I rebuilt it. I'm not saying that you should but I'm saying that you can consider it depending on the type of performance you're looking for.
The webers can be placed on the engine just as it is right now. I think someone else on the board is doing that right now. All you need are the carbs and an intake manifold that you can cut. I suggest the junkyard. Everything else just falls into place after. You'll need someone to do the aluminum welding if you can't do it yourself. It's really just welding the manifold to the adapter plate for the webers, putting them on the engine and then tuning them. Remember in cutting the A20A manifold, the longer the runner between the webers and the engine is the more low end torque you'll get but don't go too long because you'll suffer performance wise, like I mentioned before the DCOEs love the high end. I did my weber manifold at a machine shop, but I do have a lot of respect for the guys who do it for themselves. Trust your judgement and decide which you prefer....shop or self. Best of luck.

accordSi.

CARBurn
05-26-2002, 03:24 PM
AccordSI,
Wow, the work you done is really impressive.

So for your manifold, you just cut the one out your car and welded it to the B20A manifold?