PDA

View Full Version : Hood Spoiler?

HondaBoy
12-26-2002, 11:10 PM
if u think about it, why do most cars have spoiler? its to push the end that its on downward. so im wondering why is it almost always they have a spoiler on the rear of a FWD car? you realy need one one the front. i found this hood spoiler at Erebuni. i think with minor mods, it would fit a 3gee pretty easyly.its honda civic style 794 here.
http://www.erebuni.net/ge/hcivic88.htm
its the red one. looks good to me. ive wanted to see this on my car and think it would look great. i mean, how often do ya see this? im probley gonna get it. and for the rear deck spoiler, i like the stock style. low profile. not big and ugly. the bigger ones looks not so good on the 3gee. many people can agree on that. SO IS THE HOOD SPOILER GOOD OR BAD. my opinion is good. i need your opinion now.

Mike's89AccordLX
12-26-2002, 11:15 PM
Whoa that is pretty weird looking. I didn't think they actually made hood spoilers. I guess I would have to see it on a 3G to have a good or bad opinion. Right now it's good in my book.

Grant2k
12-27-2002, 06:24 AM
the idea of a true body kit is aerodynamics, i.e. downforce where it's needed. unfortunatly, people have lost sight of that idea.

Cobraman15
12-27-2002, 07:11 AM
make sure it doesn't interfere with the flip up lights.

pric
12-27-2002, 07:40 AM
Hood spoiler. Hmmm *cough-RICE-cough* I mean right;) j/k lol

That's not a bad idea but the aerodynamics of the car already produces some downforce on the front were the hood and windshield meet. I don't know I would have to see it on a 3gee first and then I would voice my opinion.

markmdz89hatch
12-27-2002, 08:26 AM
I like 'em a lot, and true, they do provide a tiny bit more downforce on the front wheels, but it's mostly for aesthetic purposes. Either way, I don't really get why they didn't take off. I guess I'm only one of few that actually like 'em.

http://www.wingswest.com/product_images/1732/glamour.jpg
http://www.wingswest.com/product_images/512/564.jpg
http://www.wingswest.com/product_images/512/glamour.jpg
http://www.wingswest.com/product_images/514/glamour.jpg
http://www.wingswest.com/product_images/470/880.jpg

MoonScryer
12-27-2002, 08:31 AM
Ummmm. GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, no.

socal3rdgen
12-27-2002, 08:38 AM
i think the little ones that mark posted are ok, but the one on hte older civic looks gay IMO. its ugly, i dont think its the wing itself its just that its on the front. one of the things i like about the accord is that the front kinda comes to a point . the wing just messes that all up.

87Hybrid
12-27-2002, 08:39 AM
The way you get downforce on the front of the car is to keep air out from underneath not with a stupid looking spoiler. That is why people put the front lip on their cars. Not that any of us can get fast enough to need front downforce. THE harsh unsersteer in most front wheel drives isn't fron lack of downforce it is from to soft of springs in the rear. It was designed in as most people can keep a car that pushes on the road but it is much harder to let the rear of the car pass you with out power to those wheels.

Mike's89AccordLX
12-27-2002, 09:48 AM
I think you should get it on a 3 G and then decide. What I would do is order it (if they have a return policy) then take it out of the box and take pics and post them and then let people decide. That pic is kinda hard to see and it's just one view. Then if you don't like it then return it. (Don't mount it.)

Tim Yoak
12-27-2002, 09:01 PM
Hey was somene drunk when they stuck that spoiler on it's on the wrong end, makes it look like carzilla or something. theres only one thing I can say about that:gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: I thought nothing was uglier then those oversized pro gas wings everyone is sticking on the back, I'm sorry but unless the car is travelling at the same speed as a top fuel dragster, you don't need more wing then an airplane.

Chrome_thangs
12-28-2002, 01:49 AM
I'm pretty sure it probably does have some kind of aerodynamic purpoose............but it's still ugly ass hell!!:barf:

Elijah
12-28-2002, 02:11 AM
Someone try and post pics i would but iam straight haha.its all personal preferance

Tim Yoak
12-28-2002, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Elijah
Someone try and post pics i would but iam straight haha.its all personal preferance iwas talking about the car not you

Mike's89AccordLX
12-28-2002, 08:56 AM
:lol:

87Hybrid
12-28-2002, 09:17 AM
there is no aerodynamic pourpose at all. If it did then it would be used in NASCAR but it isnt. THey used to be able to run with a cold radiator (Radiator with a chamber for dry Ice) for the 2 lap qualifying run so that they could tape off the front end all together, Because it gives them more down force on the front.

In the late 70's there was a company Importing Lambrogini Countach's and to make some of the first ones Bumper legal in the USA they had to have a higher front bumper, their answer was a bumper that was desguised as a wing mounted on the front end. Nasty but legal.

Nate2310
12-28-2002, 10:22 AM
I don't like it but do what you want, it's your car.

HondaBoy
12-29-2002, 11:10 AM
now im haveing second thoughts. but ya, maybe i can buy it and then send it back if it truly looks shitty.

HondaBoy
12-29-2002, 11:13 AM
oh 1 more thing. why do we even have spoilers on our 3geez. like on the rear deck? someone brought up the point of we dont need em unless were going, uh, lets say 180mph. well spoilers can look cool if u dont over do em. like most of us thing that the big ass aluminium ones dont even look good on 3geez. im on for a low profile. i have one but need to mount it.

Coroncho80
12-29-2002, 03:31 PM
Uhhhmmmmmmmmm, Ohhhhmmmmm, Uhmmmmmmm, Ohhhhhmmmm................... FUCKING :rice: :lol

Neuspeed007
12-30-2002, 01:45 AM
it makes it look like a pig nose

Mike's89AccordLX
12-30-2002, 01:50 AM
Those hood scoops that look like a pig nose are funny looking. I would probably fall to the ground laughing if I saw someone with one of those huge things on their car.

3G Jester
01-02-2003, 11:07 AM
DOOOD. unless u gotta vtec drop in...and or nos....dont worry about it. waste of money and ricy and hell

HondaBoy
01-02-2003, 10:57 PM
i havnt realy thought about gettin this since i posted, so probley, i will spend my money on a new exhaust system. maybe some rims and tires? that would be good. or better yet, a new paint job. i know white get dirty easyly, but i want my car to be a bright color and look bigger. i thought of doing silver, but i still want my pure white pearl paint. im thinkin when i have $1200 to spend on body work and paint, i will get it done. i still wanna get my prelude seats, but cant find any that arent torn all to shit.

Tim Yoak
01-03-2003, 04:34 PM
Try datsun silver from the 80's

3rdGenMartyr
01-04-2003, 12:41 AM
i agree with hybrid. how often do you go fast enough to need ths smount of down force to need to aquire a front or rear spoiler for that matter

safeel
01-04-2003, 05:46 AM
That is one ugly mutha! that could do with a car crusher!!

Mike's89AccordLX
01-04-2003, 05:49 AM
I think it serves more of a purpose than anyother spoiler that most of you put on the trunk lid. It's probably going to be mainly for looks anyways. And he said it will need to be modified. So it might not look exactly the same.

johndej
01-04-2003, 10:21 AM
yeah, i doubt it will do a damn thing that you will be able to notice while driving.