PDA

View Full Version : Body Movin'

Grant2k
12-27-2002, 06:26 AM
I haven't been here in a while but here's what's up. i got my patch panel, and it basically covers everything i need. i have started cutting and will be attaching the panel with a Panel Bonding Adhesive rather than welding. As of now i am driving around with a gaping hole in the side of my car and no bumper. i will have pictures out the wazzoo when i'm done.

markmdz89hatch
12-27-2002, 06:39 AM
Grant, did I miss something? What the hell are you doing to your car?

pimp86LX
12-27-2002, 06:47 AM
WELD WELD WELD WELD!!! if you do anything WELD. its not hard! really, you will regret it if you don't!

3G Jester
01-04-2003, 12:16 PM
what the hell are you doing? body kit? or repairing your bumper

Coroncho80
01-04-2003, 01:36 PM
You're all stupid and slow!

He is working on his car, because he wants to .............. Huhhhhh? I mean, he said he was going to .... MnnnMMnn....... :confused: :rolleyes:

HEY GRANT, WHAT THAT FUCK ARE YOU DOING?

flamed89
01-04-2003, 04:38 PM
what kind of glue are you using and where did you get it? i hope you didn't get some cheapo shit it may not hold!and i know you don't want that!

Chubs87Accord
01-04-2003, 06:54 PM
hmm.. may have to make a trip to rampapo or whatever the heck your school is called, lol.... what are you doin man... you just love cliff hangers dont you? lol

dXsquared
01-04-2003, 06:58 PM
i think he is patching the side of his car... and glueing the patch in! it is supposed to be welded... well that is the normal thing to do... he is driving with the patch template cut out... and the bumper is off cuz it would be in the way when he os working

damn you guys are slow!

Travis

Mike's89AccordLX
01-04-2003, 07:10 PM
Umm Weld that patch in. Unless you use that glue that is as good as welding. I forgot the name of it but it is $70 for a bottle the size of a silicone tube.

87Hybrid
01-04-2003, 08:47 PM
Both ashland chemical and 3M make panel adheasive that are acually stronger than welding. We use a lot of these products in the truck manufacturing Industry, The next time that you see a Freightliner Century class or columbia (There is a tag onthe door under the latch that designates which model that it is) look at the side panel onthe sleeper. the only rivets that you will see are the ones that attach the body to the floor. All of the other Aluminum cab trucks in the industry use rivets to hold the streghening gussets in place. Our cabs in R & D run on a shaker frame which subjects the cab to over 1,000,000 miles worth of stress and they heald together better than the riveted cabs. These adheasives are extremly strong and no heat warp. I have used some on the Civic.

Grant2k
01-08-2003, 08:01 PM
sorry i haven't been here much to respond. here's what's up. i am just repairing some serious rust. yes, i have the template cut out and yes, i am using Duramix Large Metal Panel Bonding Adhesive. it's not cheap, and the gun to apply it alone was $50, so it better be worth it. i do not have a welder good enough to handle this job, and it is right near the gas filler neck, so i'm not too keen on welding it. even my brother's autobody teacher recommended adhearing it. there probably will be a seem that will be visible upon close inspection since you need to leave a 1 1/2" bonding surface, but we'll see what happens. i will have pictures when i'm done so you can all see.