PDA

View Full Version : Brake Line Holder for KSport coilovers??

88Sleeper
02-11-2015, 11:35 AM
Hey Guys,

I've finished putting together everything on my car minus the sway bars, but I had a question about the front brake lines with the KSport coilovers.

My left brake line kind of curled itself around the CO, and it stays more or less in place, although there's no holder to hold it to the shock... The box came with a round circle-band holder, probably for the rear brakes because it's too small for the front ones, as well as a long flat bar that looks like a holder for the front...

I have no idea how to use it though, because the instructions are generic and have no pictures either -_-'

The Right front brake line I replaced with a new one, and it just flopped all over the place (plus I realized when I mounted the caliper, that i installed the banjo-bolt hook backwards *facepalm* )

Do any of you guys running coilovers, with no welded brake line holders - have any advice +or ideas on what to do ? I don't think I can just run them flopping around like that...

Thanks!

Tdurr
02-11-2015, 12:09 PM
zip ties. get creative. took me all of 2 min to zip tie them up and out the way

88Sleeper
02-11-2015, 11:31 PM
zip ties.

Great, now I feel like a retard :D

I'm guessing you used the nice hefty zip ties, but isn't that kind of a gambling move with the vibrations and rubbing that you get during normal driving?

AccordB20A
02-12-2015, 01:47 AM
on some shocks you can bash the brake line holder off the old shock with a hammer and slide it onto the new one. dunno if that works for the accords with k sports but it worked in my civic with koni shocks.

Tdurr
02-14-2015, 11:53 PM
It wont work with ksports if im not mistaken. And if u make the zip ties very tight u got nothing to worry about

cygnus x-1
02-16-2015, 09:13 AM
Zip ties are great for stuff like this. Just make sure you get the black ones that are rated for UV exposure. They'll last longer in sun light.

C|

allhailmj23
02-20-2015, 01:20 AM
Zip ties FTW! Although one failed on my driver's side causing it to rub on my axle. Caught it just in time before it wore all the way through.