PDA

View Full Version : "ULTIMATE" speakers?

Defiant[YD]
12-27-2002, 04:38 PM
kk, i was looking around the shops in town for high end speakers, when i came across this "ultimate" brand.
i've heard that it's from the same company that makes infinity.
and the speakers are a bit cheaper then the infinity's.
so my question is, anyone familiar with them? can they compete with the infinity's in quality and output?

they sound good at the store, but i don't wanna buy em unless they can have the same output and quality as the infinity's.

AccordEpicenter
12-27-2002, 10:51 PM
Im not familiar with them but in car audio you pretty much get what you pay for (cheap speakers=cheap sound, expensive=better) . I dont doubt infinity owns the company that makes them, but MTX owns Boss audio and the 2 companies are like night and day, MTX is great, Boss isnt soo great...

Mike's89AccordLX
12-27-2002, 11:03 PM
He is right unless you buy them from a friend that needs money. That's when you buy the best stuff. :)

shepherd79
12-28-2002, 09:14 AM
yeah i have seen them. they look ok. i think they have rubber woofers on them, which makes a lot better sound than foam.

87DXHatch
12-30-2002, 02:02 PM
More expensive does NOT = better, at least, not always. There are LOTS and LOTS of brands of car audio stuff out there that people in the mainstream don't know about... these companies sell stuff cheap, but the products are very high quality. Adire Audio, and Elemental Designs are just two companies that do this.

He's right about companies owning other companies. That's all the connections they have to each other, in a lot of the "big name" cases: just the fact that one owns the other.

As for the rubber SURROUND (not woofer, I think you got confused, Alex)... rubber or foam surround makes almost NO difference as far as sound goes. Rubber usually lasts longer than foam under heavy use, but that is not always the case. Rubber is usually a little more resistant to UV light too... but in no way is rubber "better" than foam, or foam "better" than rubber: it all depends on the woofer itself.

shepherd79
12-31-2002, 05:19 AM
hmmm, you are right, i now i see my mistake. my bad.

Microstreak
01-02-2003, 11:25 PM
Ultimate? nah i think ive heard of them but i don't think ther as good as infinitys. also i don't think many speakers if any can come near to the ones i have in my car rite now. Infinity kappas, all around, and i got a pioneer deh-p7000mp head. both, the spkrs and the head, i got really good deals on. Now im just saving up for subs.

AccordEpicenter
01-09-2003, 01:04 PM
Santoprene surrounds seem like the best surrounds, the stuff offers excellent excursion and its really really hard to break. I was running my Kickers full vol and some how my box moved and the corner of the amp went right into the surround while it was playing... The sub didnt blow and theres not a mark on the surround... thats incredible. I had somthing like that happen to my foam surround mtxs and they shredded in more than one place with less than 1/3 the power to em... but i guess it has alot to do with the sub itself

Auzreal189
01-14-2003, 05:50 PM
I bought infiniti and they are the best i have ever come across. I cank crank them and still haven't killed any of them. I definately got what I paid for. Even if you have to buy one at a time go with quality.

87DXHatch
01-14-2003, 09:48 PM
Infinity = middle quality

To most people (and a LOT of the users of this board), Infinity = high quality.

Inifinity is marginally better than pioneer, polk, kenwood, and the rest of the decent quality speakers.

If you want high quality... go with CDT's, Focals, Rainbows, Audio Development, Image Dynamics Chameleons, or JL XR's... just to name a few ;)

maka_RTH
01-15-2003, 03:03 PM
im' all about the Infinity Kappas myself..., but right now a stereo system is pretty far down on my list of stuff to do..., if only i made more money. i might get a hookup on a deck from my friend though, so i can at least have a cd player lol