PDA

View Full Version : Are These Speakers Good?

89accordboi
12-27-2002, 06:15 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14941&item=1946771316

they sound good, should i get them? should i should i? lol if anyone has them or has heard them lemme know, i want bass damnit!

Mike's89AccordLX
12-27-2002, 06:20 PM
I always thought alpine speakers were good but that's just my opinion.

87DXHatch
12-27-2002, 08:21 PM
5 and a quarter inch speakers will not give you bass. And speakers are VERY subjective, so really good to one person is crap to another.

Get out to like an Audio King or specialty audio shop and listen to some, then go online and buy them.

89accordboi
12-27-2002, 08:41 PM
well i just bought some infinity, 652i reference series $94 a pair, 60w rms 180 max, they sound pretty good, they will be hella nice with some 12" mtx's in the back

dXsquared
12-27-2002, 08:50 PM
those speakerz are the bomb! i spent an hour or so at my local alpine dealer and i was testing out all the combos... i am best friends with a sales asociete, so i could really pound them with out gettin in shit... any way... i found that they reproduce the highs real well... i remember playin those with twin type s running about 300 watts each. it sounded real nice.

Travis

DigitaLuminescence
12-27-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by 87DXHatch
5 and a quarter inch speakers will not give you bass. And speakers are VERY subjective, so really good to one person is crap to another.

Get out to like an Audio King or specialty audio shop and listen to some, then go online and buy them.
I agree... 5 1/4" won't give you much lower frequencies... but you'll probably get some nice mids (maybe even some good highs).

1. If you want more into the bass frequencies, try 6 1/2" comp. speakers and put an amplifier on them. I've got some good Alpine component woofers/tweeters (from '99) on my rear deck, and the 6 & halfs put out some good bass. (but get Dynamat, it'll rattle like hell on some frequencies!) You'll also have a problem putting the 6 1/2" comps. in the rear deck of a 3gen, you have to make your own speaker holders because of the oversized basket. Although, it's cheap if you have the right tools.

2. Also, you could always try an Infinity BassLink (spend $230-300: get the subwoofer [10"], amplifier [200 watts], enclosure [ported], getting everything in a bundle). I think Kenwood and Clarion have similar products and are less expensive, though.

3. Or, buy an American Legacy amp, one or two Volfenhag subs, a cheap enclosure, and some Scosche wires, and you can get some bass under 300 dollars. (but doesn't take into account wiring cost service by a store, it can be a bit expensive)... but, this stuff isn't particularly the best quality out there... you get what you pay for.
_____

It can be a bit difficult at times to get really good quality components, but also find them at cheap prices:
Cheap = Quality Issues / Quality = Price Issues. Like a teeter-totter. :D

Jaa.

89accordboi
12-28-2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by DXHATCHBACK
those speakerz are the bomb! i spent an hour or so at my local alpine dealer and i was testing out all the combos... i am best friends with a sales asociete, so i could really pound them with out gettin in shit... any way... i found that they reproduce the highs real well... i remember playin those with twin type s running about 300 watts each. it sounded real nice.

Travis

the bomb eh? what type of music do u listen to? i just wanna know :)

dXsquared
12-28-2002, 10:49 AM
hip hop...
i like to hear the music nice and clear and these do a good job for coaxle's. fi u really wanna get nice sound... get the components

Travis

Mike's89AccordLX
12-28-2002, 10:54 AM
Just buy them dude. I'm sure they're better than the ones you got.

dXsquared
12-28-2002, 11:31 AM
yah... they are killa speakers... just get them... if i didnt have killer speakers now... i would get them

Travis

89accordboi
12-28-2002, 03:14 PM
if u looked up a few posts you would have seen this:

Originally posted by 89accordboi
well i just bought some infinity, 652i reference series $94 a pair, 60w rms 180 max, they sound pretty good, they will be hella nice with some 12" mtx's in the back

lol. anyways i would have gotten some component speakers but i didnt know where i would put the tweeters.

and it should be better then the ones i have now cuz the ones now are the original ones haha

dXsquared
12-28-2002, 03:59 PM
u really didnt get components cuz u didnt know where to put the tweeters! WTF? u could have asked a question like u usually do! components have better sound than coaxles. OMG! as if u could have got components!

JEEZ!

Travis

89accordboi
12-28-2002, 08:11 PM
i dont feel like doing a bunch of customizing and shti man, i dont have that kinda skill.

87DXHatch
12-29-2002, 05:44 PM
Velcro + tweeter = fixed location ;) That's all it takes, really... doesn't look nice, but it works.

Going back to if you want bass... $300 you can do a LOT better than the brands Digital listed. You could get an Adire Shiva for $125 (comparable to the $300 Boston Acoustics Pro 12") or an Elemental K 12" for around $125. Around $100 (I think...) for a Lanzar Opti (The only series of Lanzar that are actually decent amps) amp that would put out ~800 watts. This leaves you with $75 for other crap. 4 guage Sosche wiring kit from Wal-Mart for $25. You could either buy a sheet of 4'X8' 3/4" MDF for $20 and make your own box (wayyyy better than almost any pre-fab) or drop another $25 for a pre-fab walmart box.

Just some suggestions if you ever wanted a sub... On a final note, NEVER buy an Infiniti basslink or any stupid "all in one" sub and amp combos. You can get WAY better SPL and SQ for WAY cheaper if you buy the amp/sub/box seperately.

89accordboi
12-29-2002, 09:19 PM
so yeah i just got my speakers in finally, my dad helped me, so i saved $102.50 :) and they sound really nice and i cant wait until i get my deck in there and it will sound even nicer haha god i cant wait... but yeah im gonna get a deck probably next weekend, and then the next weekend i have to pay like $190 for insurance, its a long story why though :( for just liability for the month :crying: but yeah then im gonna save up for a nice sub and amp so i'll have a nice system set up in a bout a month. this guy showed me some hella nice mtx audio 12" subs in a box (2 subs) and omg they sounded sooo nice and they hit sooo nice and they lkajsdglkjadsgl omg i loved it but it was $300, i dunno if i want to spend that much lol. but yeah i recommend to everyone the infinity reference 652i to everyone for all types of music, i personally listen to rap... but yeah its well worth $220 ($94 a pair, $15 a pair for 1 year warranty), but my brother just went to fries and they were $100 a pair with free installation, i should have done that so i wouldn't have to hastle with installation but i learned a lot, and i have to do something about putting the main grills on so it covers up the other area.

87DXHatch
12-30-2002, 12:43 PM
My experience has been that installing speakers in our Accords is the easiest of any car I have EVER worked on. 3 screws, front covers come off. 3 or 4 screws, speaker's out. Reverse and you're done.

I got it down to where I could change both front speakers in a couple minutes.

89accordboi
12-31-2002, 05:41 PM
yeah it was pretty easy, but the magnet was bigger then stock so the basket that it goes in was too big, i had to cut that out with a dremel and stuff, and i had a problem where the wires would keep coming off of the speaker, maybe i should get new connectors. im even driving around with only 3 working right now, the passenger door speakers wires arent connected, they came out after i did that so i need to get back in there and hook them back up.

87DXHatch
12-31-2002, 06:39 PM
Do you have access to a soldering gun? Soldering wire connections is very very easy to do, and it will provide a much better connection than quick-connect terminals (which is what I am assuming you're running right now).

carlessNcareless
12-31-2002, 10:02 PM
very off subject but..

89 accordboi, in your avatar..

1. is that your g/f?
2. can i bone her?

thank you that is all

88mirror
01-16-2003, 10:33 PM
About the speakers... My personal preference: "MB Quart" or "Memphis"!

jigga225
01-16-2003, 11:14 PM
cant go 2 wrong wit the top of the line alpines.
My boy has alpines and I do admit they sounded better than the cadence components i had.

But u know I had to upgrade ..