PDA

View Full Version : Worst weekend of my life

Phil
05-20-2002, 10:36 AM
1) Ok i was driving along and i hit a pot hole sorta, and heard a big bang. And now all of the sudden my car wont stay ideal, i can drive it but i cant let go of gas. So i had to tow it 200km for free all the way home (thnx CAA)

2) All of the sudden two nights ago my brake lamp wnet on and wont turn off, my brakes and all lights work

3) My signals work when they feel like it, when they dpont work i turn the hazerd lights on then the signals and they work, sometimes they work fine

Heh i just got my license on Friday to, of course this is the good news after i recovered form a concussion i received when me and my supposid cheap friends crashed a NON insured boat. Now they bitch about not having money and they think im paying the whole boat worth over proll 1500$ cnd.

If anyone knows or can help with any of these problems please let me know thnx.

:mad:

ACCORD EX
05-20-2002, 10:49 AM
about the first one ! it 's propably the idle mixture screw fell off ! to find where it is check the faqs ! " how to adjust the carb " or carb question check here ! "
just locate it and plug it with your thump ! if it idles good so you need to buy this screw !

MIKE

pimp86LX
09-14-2002, 12:27 AM
my brake lamp does the same thing, how do i fix that

all lights work fine

dosh8er
09-14-2002, 08:21 AM
It could be your emergency brake. Check your handle. It should be sitting all the way down. Test it out, by pushing down on it (not hard, just to make sure it's all the way down), and if the light goes off that might be it. A very common thing (I have to adjust mine periodically to keep it from doing that).

If it is that, then look for a plastic cover on the console plastic in the back seat area. Pop it up, and you'll see the e-brake cable. There will be a nut you can tighten up that will make the cable more tight, and stop the light from coming on.

Maybe it's not your e-brake, but check it, it's a freebie.

locknload68
09-14-2002, 12:57 PM
Have you checked the level of the brake fluid. The light is supposed to come on when there's not enough fluid in there.

James
09-14-2002, 01:10 PM
I don't think they mean the Brake Light (Square thing at top of gauges) They mean the thing next to the picture of the car, behind the trunk.. Says "Brake Lamp" Mine won't turn off either.

chucknice
09-14-2002, 03:54 PM
Silver bullet anyone?

chucknice
09-14-2002, 03:55 PM
just kidding...

pimp86LX
09-15-2002, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by James
I don't think they mean the Brake Light (Square thing at top of gauges) They mean the thing next to the picture of the car, behind the trunk.. Says "Brake Lamp" Mine won't turn off either.

thats the one! i think theres a little black box type sensor around the tail lights somewere, could that "go bad"?

Bullfrog
09-15-2002, 09:25 AM
ya mine does that too...every once in a while it comes on and stays on..sometimes it dont come on..very anoying...

smufguy
09-16-2002, 02:09 PM
there is a box on the tail light assembly that controls the brake light failure. yep, they can go bad due to water leaking into them or even the brake lamp housing insides being corroded.

for your turn signals not working, one problem might lie in the relay on the back of ur cabin fuse box, if not, its ur switch on ur steering wheel. get all the shit from ur local garage and check it out before u can buy it (if that is possible) sometimes i wish u guys had garage like i go to wher eu can go pick it yourself, negotiate a price, try things out before buying it. ANd yeah, you get a lot of 3g choice too. hehehe, damn ppl crash 3gs all the time. (((including me))

Immeraufdemhund
09-16-2002, 07:08 PM
i used to have that problem of the turn signals not blinking sometimes also. It's annoying, but i fixed it by getting a new engine..... hmm.. not a practical fix huh? well i did notice though that it seems to do it when it's colder out. I haven't had a problem when it's been hot lately.