PDA

View Full Version : future stereo choices

Cobraman15
12-27-2002, 09:02 PM
Alright im going to upgrade my sound system sometime in the future after i get my erebuni bumper in feb. I wanna know if i should go with another 12 inch sub with amp. Or two 6.5 inch subs under my seats with two tweeters on dash and four channel amp. Or two 6x9 4-way speakers custom fit inbetween my 6.5 two ways in the rear. Let me know what you think. the 6.5 inch subs have an rms rating of 50 and i would find tweeters with the same rating so i would have an amp 50 x 4 rms. the 12 inch sub would be the same as my other one with a rockford 150s like the one i have. the 6x 9s would have a two chan amp at 60 rms x 2.

Cobraman15
12-29-2002, 04:54 PM
someones gotta have an opinion on this.

89accordboi
12-29-2002, 09:53 PM
it depends on what you have now, 6x9's sound hella nice inside i'd rather have those over a sub , but both would be good, its cuz the when u have just subs and some ok speakers, it sounds like they are 2 different things, cuz just bass is coming from one thing and highs are coming from another, so if u get 6x9's also then you would have some nice bass and highs flowing together from the inside, cuz i know a friend who just has some 6x9 alpines in the rear with 6.5" alpines in the doors and it sounds fucking nice, i'd much rather have that over my brothers 94 accord with stock speakers and a sub n' amp. thats just IMO.

87DXHatch
12-30-2002, 12:50 PM
Ok... where to begin...

Tweeters on the dash ruins imaging... the left one will be way closer to your ears than the right one, unless you measure and do it right, and that will screw up how the musics sounds.

6X9's in back will ruin imaging as well. You want the music to sound like it's coming from in front of you, not behind you.

Here's what I would do if I were you: Get a nice set of 6.5" component speakers. Either fiberglass kickpanels to hold them, or put the 6.5" woofer in the factory spot, and the tweeter real close to it, in the door.

Then just get a 2 channel amp that puts out like 100 watts to each channel nominal, and run the comps off that.

As for a sub... sell your pioneer and your Rockford amp. Buy an Adire Shiva ($125) or an Elemental K12A ($130). Build your own box out of 3/4" MDF wood ($20 for just the wood). Then get a 500 watt Lanzar Opti amp for around $100. I GUARENTEE (as long as the box is built correctly) that the combo of ONE of those 12" subs I listed and the amp will sound MUCH louder and better than your sub now, and I will be willing to bet, at least match the MTX's.