PDA

View Full Version : Original Floor Mats?

HondaBoy
12-27-2002, 09:59 PM
i wanted to get some different floor mats. u know like the carpet floor mats always get rocks and dirt in them making them nasty. not always though, but im sayin i would like to get away from this. i have found some nice, perfect condition mats from a 3gee. they are the rubber ones so i could spray them off easyly. SO SHOULD I GET EM? i can probley get em for about $8. complete front and back seat.

socal3rdgen
12-27-2002, 10:41 PM
the sound of wet feet and rubber kills me. i could never have rubber. :(

Mike's89AccordLX
12-27-2002, 10:44 PM
Sorry but I don't use rubbers.

The floormats either.

ACCORD EX
12-28-2002, 01:02 AM
i think rubber is more durable !

MIKE

Elijah
12-28-2002, 02:17 AM
such easy matnence with rubber.

DBMaster
12-28-2002, 04:11 PM
I don't know. My original factory mats still look good. I had to get a vinly heel pad from an upholstery shop and glue it down on the driver's side where my heel wore a hole in the mat, but other than that the mats look practically new after almost 14 years.

I guess it helps that they are brown (Honda calls it "red")

RCracer
12-29-2002, 02:44 PM
The floor mats they put in the 3rd Gens in the uk were horible moulded rubber mats!!!!!!

dosh8er
12-30-2002, 05:48 PM
I use rubber ones in the winter and when it's really wet out in the spring... keeps em looking good.. and from STINKING! I have had a helluva time trying to get those things smelling good again.

DBMaster
12-30-2002, 06:47 PM
I guess it's easier when you're in Texas. It almost never snows and doesn't even rain that much.

I think the "Weather Tech" type mats would be really good if you live where there is a lot of wintery stuff. Of course, the floor mats are the leat of your worries living in the "rust belt."

HondaBoy
01-02-2003, 11:04 PM
well i got the floor mats. they are like dark gray or black. i put armor all on them. tomorrow, or technically today, i will get to see how they look now. hopefully new looking. i will get my car back in the morning and get to put em in. they say accord on them. i think they will look great, and be easy to clean cuz i always get mud that makes dirt clods and rocks on my floor mats. oh ya, i almost forgot. i got them from the junk yard. i said will u take $8, the guy says not u can have them. i say how about $5. he just let me have em for free. i guess he only takes money for stuff like body parts, engine, etc. so i got lucky. i have "new" floor mats, and dont forget my cash that i need to get more important stuff for old 3gee.