PDA

View Full Version : stupid seatbelts

TREVOR
12-28-2002, 02:02 PM
Hey, I have a two door and the seatbelts on both sides don't recoil back on their own. Everydamntime I get out I have to sit there and do it by hand. How can I fix this problem besides not wearing them at all.:confused:
Thanx

socal3rdgen
12-28-2002, 03:43 PM
join the club! mine do that 2

dXsquared
12-28-2002, 04:01 PM
get 4 point harnesses!

Travis

Chrome_thangs
12-28-2002, 04:04 PM
I believe i read a thread a while back saying something about there being a lifetime warranty on our seatbelts, but i haven't checked this information.

BigCook
12-28-2002, 06:09 PM
They had a recall on the belts. Call honda and check vin. #

anchovies
12-28-2002, 08:40 PM
Your's a coupe, same thing happened to me. Went to the dealer, he just pull the seat belt all the way out (top and bottom parts), and then let it slowly recoil back. Also check the retainers where the belt goes through (top of door and bottom of door) for dirt. If you want, you can clean the belts with some warm water. Don't spray any foreign stuff on it (silicon etc.).

And the coupe seat belts are not meant to be taken off. It's like a dinasour passenger restrain system. But as long as you do what I mentioned above, it'll be fine even if you use it like you normally do.

TREVOR
12-29-2002, 10:12 AM
Thanks man, I'll have to try that. I do have the Recaro seats but I can't afford the five point harness right now. plus my wife thinks spending money on cars is stupid. (besides normal upkeep).

MoonScryer
12-29-2002, 11:15 AM
DUMB PEOPLE: Do what Chrome_thangs said, instead of just reading the DIY fix it crap. Go to the dealership, tell them your seatbelts will NOT retract worth a shit, and they replace them UNDER WARRANTY, which means you don't pay for ANYTHING.

Advice: Do it on a Friday, that way, they have to give you a rental car for the weekend if they don't have the belts in stock. :D

Do you think I've done this before? ;)