PDA

View Full Version : my "winter commuter" coupe

markmdz89hatch
12-28-2002, 04:09 PM
ok, I know the pic blows, but this is the first pic of the coupe. I just took it tonight. I was bored, I had access to a digi cam, so the coupe fell victim to a digi-cam-flash. Sorry, it was dark, but you get the idea.

http://images.cardomain.com/installs/280000-280999/280385_3_full.jpg

Coroncho80
12-28-2002, 07:19 PM
Hey Mark, it looks pretty good to be the winter commuter. Look at Steve's winter hoopty .......................

***No comments there :D***

HondaBoy
12-28-2002, 09:19 PM
that must be the DX coupe posted in your vehicles? looks pretty good to me. i would fix it up just a lil bit. not bad though.

Bobs89LXi
12-28-2002, 10:38 PM
I am assuming by winter commuter that you don't care if it succomes to car cancer. That would be a shame. I believe you should restore it and buy a non-3G beater for winter. Just my two cents.

3rd GEN
12-29-2002, 02:47 AM
that thing looks to be in too good of condition to be a winter car...
esp with all that salt and snow and sand...ahhhhhhhh...

89AccordNate
12-29-2002, 07:57 AM
Why are the bumpers red if its a DX?

Were coupes like that?

Nate.

socal3rdgen
12-29-2002, 09:47 AM
the bumper looks like it was painted. look at the silver strip i have a red metallic car. and my strip was black.

Coroncho80
12-29-2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by socal3rdgen
the bumper looks like it was painted. look at the silver strip i have a red metallic car. and my strip was black.

What r u talking about? that bumper doesn't look painted at all. It must be a coupe and sedan thing............... :D

njpeter
12-29-2002, 01:08 PM
bu the sunroof says lx-i..so what does the vin plate say?

Neuspeed007
12-29-2002, 02:10 PM
i dont need a winter ride, it hasent een snowed over her yet! WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

markmdz89hatch
12-29-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Bobs89LXi
I am assuming by winter commuter that you don't care if it succomes to car cancer. That would be a shame. I believe you should restore it and buy a non-3G beater for winter. Just my two cents.

Bob, no that's not the case. The main reason for the term "winter commuter" has more to do with the fact that the hatch is just not winter worthy much anymore due to it's suspension work, and I want to perform a few "operations" on it over the winter. It's actually got VERY little rust, and the plan is to either sell it to a fellow 3G'er come spring time, or it'll undergo "operations" over the following winter, and another 3G will replace the "winter commuter" title. The coupe does still get a wash down once a week, and she gets taken care of just fine.

markmdz89hatch
12-29-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by 89AccordNate
Why are the bumpers red if its a DX?

Were coupes like that?

Nate.

Yeah, all coupes, regardless of DX, or LX-i had painted bumpers.

markmdz89hatch
12-29-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by njpeter
bu the sunroof says lx-i..so what does the vin plate say?

That's aftermarket, but actually an impressive job b/c it doesn't leak even so much as a drop.

dXsquared
12-29-2002, 03:48 PM
i have a sunroof... is it aftermarket? if u cant tell i have a DX HATCH

Travis

markmdz89hatch
12-29-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by DXHATCHBACK
i have a sunroof... is it aftermarket? if u cant tell i have a DX HATCH

Travis

yep, aftermarket! Only LX-i and SE-i had sunroof option.

Bobs89LXi
12-29-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by markmdz89hatch
Bob, no that's not the case. The main reason for the term "winter commuter" has more to do with the fact that the hatch is just not winter worthy much anymore due to it's suspension work, and I want to perform a few "operations" on it over the winter. It's actually got VERY little rust, and the plan is to either sell it to a fellow 3G'er come spring time, or it'll undergo "operations" over the following winter, and another 3G will replace the "winter commuter" title. The coupe does still get a wash down once a week, and she gets taken care of just fine.

I'm glad you cleared that up. :)

markmdz89hatch
12-29-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Bobs89LXi
I'm glad you cleared that up. :)

No Prob.;)

RobT5580
12-29-2002, 06:12 PM
Thats funny me, steve (88Lxi68), and mark all drive 3rd gen accords as out spare/winter cars and we all live in CT.

da6integra
12-29-2002, 06:15 PM
Hey whats up mark?? Its Angel in miami... i sold u ur 17'z!! How bout u post some pics of the hatch on those gunmetal beauties?? I have another set of wheel im trying to sell... dont mean to post whore.. just tell me if u know any one who wants some 16x7 konig caffeines... Dont forget to post those pics..
Angel:werd:

Coroncho80
12-29-2002, 08:17 PM
I wanna see those 16"'s :D Post pics!

88LXi68
12-29-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Coroncho80
Hey Mark, it looks pretty good to be the winter commuter. Look at Steve's winter hoopty .......................

***No comments there :D***

HEY HEY HEY...I only paid $50 for it and it hasnt broke down like your SE-I! lol

markmdz89hatch
12-29-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by 88LXi68
HEY HEY HEY...I only paid $50 for it and it hasnt broke down like your SE-I! lol

Yeah, Maurice, Steve's got a good point there. Neither one of his 3G's have shit the bed like urs did that day!

markmdz89hatch
12-29-2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by da6integra
Hey whats up mark?? Its Angel in miami... i sold u ur 17'z!! How bout u post some pics of the hatch on those gunmetal beauties?? I have another set of wheel im trying to sell... dont mean to post whore.. just tell me if u know any one who wants some 16x7 konig caffeines... Dont forget to post those pics..
Angel:werd:

Hey Angel, yeah I still have yet to put them beauties on the my hatch. Over this winter, I'm putting new bearings on all four corners, and getting all new ball joint, and bushings. I also got the hub rings, so now with all that, I'll be ready for those Kaizers as soon as the snow melts and the skies warm up. Check out: http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11281

njpeter
12-30-2002, 04:23 AM
car with working heat, great tires, a good low mile timing belt and working windshield washers. My commutter was a creampuff at one time, but frankly speaking, compared to soame of the rides here, I should hang my head in shame, in my defences I did leave on the honeycomb allow wheels till recenlty (they suck as they are hard to keep clean), now I have the 86 lx-i alloys ( with new michelins) on the car. One of these days I'll find my dream Se-i, but for now my 3g meas reliable transportion ( and you can't put a price on that in the NY area)

who givea a hoot if I got classic wheel well rust?..keeps the theives disinterested, the accord is the number 2 stolen car yanno.

markmdz89hatch
12-30-2002, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by njpeter
car with working heat, great tires, a good low mile timing belt and working windshield washers. My commutter was a creampuff at one time, but frankly speaking, compared to soame of the rides here, I should hang my head in shame, in my defences I did leave on the honeycomb allow wheels till recenlty (they suck as they are hard to keep clean), now I have the 86 lx-i alloys ( with new michelins) on the car. One of these days I'll find my dream Se-i, but for now my 3g meas reliable transportion ( and you can't put a price on that in the NY area)

who givea a hoot if I got classic wheel well rust?..keeps the theives disinterested, the accord is the number 2 stolen car yanno.

I feel the same way with the exception of the rust thing. I HATE rust, and dents.. ..I just can't deal with 'em. But in all reality, don't be ashamed of ur 3G, I mean sometime's I too am a little embarrassed showing up in my coupe mainly b/c of it's cosmetic flaws. In all reality, think of it this way, maybe ur car's not a show car, and maybe ur not completly happy with it mainly b/c of what it can be, but think about it... ...while ur driving around ur 3G, you know, ol' faithfull, and you get a little red-faced, just take not of how many other cars of that vintage are still on the road and as reliable as the 3G. Of all the cars I see pre-'89, about 30-40% of them are 3G's. That's a great percentage, and just goes to show you great these cars really are.

Coroncho80
12-30-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by markmdz89hatch
Yeah, Maurice, Steve's got a good point there. Neither one of his 3G's have shit the bed like urs did that day!

:lol Yo, that engine died with almost 200k mile on it. I think it was time for a new engine anyways. I wish I could have $$ like you guys, so I can have a winter Hoopty and just garage my baby with leather pampers.............. :D

Hey Steve, your $50 car is pretty fast too man. On the first CT meet when you picked me up at the park , you took off after the first stop sign and you were out! nice, nice.............

markmdz89hatch
12-30-2002, 02:10 PM
:lol Yo, that engine died with almost 200k mile on it. I think it was time for a new engine anyways. I wish I could have $$ like you guys, so I can have a winter Hoopty and just garage my baby with leather pampers.............. :D

Hey Steve, your $50 car is pretty fast too man. On the first CT meet when you picked me up at the park , you took off after the first stop sign and you were out! nice, nice.............

Oh shit! I hope that doesn't mean that mine are gonna shit the bed now too.

Coupe: 227K mi.
Hatch: 204K mi.

88LXi68
12-30-2002, 04:38 PM

My winter PIG has 214k. I know the last 10k of it has been beat on by ME! For some reason I think I have a super DX. It really has some decent pick up.

njpeter
12-31-2002, 01:01 PM
except for that part about the garage and the leather. keeping a good job for ten years or more takes care of the money part however. I may not have much, but I've got no credit card payments to show for it :)