PDA

View Full Version : New Shoes!!!

AccordSi
12-28-2002, 05:52 PM
Hey guys...all the best for the new year. Well santa got me some new shoes so I thought that I'd mention it. I got myself a set of black 15" Mugen RnR wheels. They're used (but great condition) and Mugen doesn't make them anymore but they weigh 10lbs so I absolutely couldn't resist....bye bye 17"s I'm a 15 incher now. Now I got sell those 17's.

Jims 86LXI HB
12-28-2002, 06:13 PM
:rolleyes: Wrong section of the board, belongs in Wheels/Tires/Suspension section

Mugen wheels are hella expensive, their are other far less costly alturnatives. And their really hard to find to buy. But you bought your's used, how much did you pay? Do post pics when you can.

2old_honda
12-28-2002, 11:38 PM
:cool: do you have any pics?

AccordSi
12-29-2002, 04:20 PM
Not yet I haven't put them on the car either.

Neuspeed007
12-30-2002, 03:35 PM
how much for the 17's and the brand? Scheme?

AccordSi
12-30-2002, 07:09 PM
I'm still waiting on the guy to bring one of the rims that he uses as a spare...I'm wondering if I should sell my 17's because I've also read that the RnR's are soft and bend easily...I think I'll roll around on them for a while then decide. Oh...my 17's are HP Racing Lightning.

http://www.hpracing.com/

chronicsinners
12-31-2002, 11:23 AM
great find, i was tryin to get them for accord, but i cant warrant spending that much money for a street rim that could get wrecked. cant wait to see a pic

AccordSi
12-31-2002, 04:18 PM
Well I put them on today. I can't say that I really like how they look on the car, they're the black with the red lip. They're really lightweight. with the Bridgeston tires, tey weigh just a bit more than my 17's without tires. If I punch the gas in 1st around 4000rpm, the wheels breakout. The tach swings out real quick now. The Mugens don't handle the corners as well as the 17's but I knew that from before.....they do accelerate far quicker thru the midrange to top end than the 17's.....the gool ol' butt dyno says so. The car kinda like bogs down low before even though the tach keeps rising.....something I can't understand...(something is slipping I think)
The cool thing is the way people look at the car like it all about racing business....but me, I like the sleeper look. I'm gonna polish up my 17's then decide which one I'll get rid of. I guess a couple days on those wheels won't hurt. I have the digital cam in the office so I'll have pics up before the weekend please God. I'll keep you posted.