PDA

View Full Version : weber swap and alternator field

dummass
02-25-2015, 06:03 PM
Hi there. I've done 2 weber swaps now (same weber) and each car had an alternator problem where the field wire lost power. could not figure out why so I tapped a new wire into the fuze box to replace the field. any ideas?

dummass
11-06-2016, 04:08 PM
Hi. i've just done a third weber swap and am having problems with the alternator again. the car runs shitty when the alternator starts working overtime (i can hear the belt start squealing). i think it is because the fuel pump is on the same circuit. any ideas out there

Shane86
11-06-2016, 04:31 PM
Does the fuel pump turn on when you turn the key on?

Dr_Snooz
11-06-2016, 07:19 PM
Can you be more specific about "shitty"?

dummass
11-08-2016, 08:10 AM
I got the alternator problem sorted out by running a new field wire from the auto/cruise fuze. The fuel pump runs and i can start and drive the car. I recently bought the car for $400. the fella i bought it from said the carb was causing the car to run poorly when warm. I put a weber on it. now i can get the car to run and not stall as much. the car runs and drives good sometimes but it will stall and sputter occasionally. it looks like the previous owner put a new fuel pump in it and changed both fuel filters. the fuel fill area around the fuel cap is very rusty so i'm thinking that there is/was water in the fuel. the car has only 160k(100k miles) on it so i think it sat alot. i might need to remove and clean or maybe replace the fuel tank. i had to have it towed yesterday because it ran so poorly. the car would start but not have enough power to move.

Dr_Snooz
11-09-2016, 08:35 PM
Have you tuned the carb? Is there rust in the tank?