PDA

View Full Version : Turbo??? A20a1 to a20a3 turbo swap

aSoftVtec
03-03-2015, 06:33 PM
Ok before you guys say Google it, I have, I spent the past 2 hours googling and found nothing to help me, I want to do a turbo on my accord, but I've been reading that the carb'd a1 in my car is not worth building, so I have complete a20a3 engine with efi, what would be better to build and what would I need

Oldblueaccord
03-04-2015, 07:25 AM
Ok before you guys say Google it, I have, I spent the past 2 hours googling and found nothing to help me, I want to do a turbo on my accord, but I've been reading that the carb'd a1 in my car is not worth building, so I have complete a20a3 engine with efi, what would be better to build and what would I need

With a carb its called "blow thru" turbo since you are blowing compressed air down the carb from the top. There not very popular any more since EFI is all over and tuning is much easier for a lot of people with a laptop then wrenches.

EFI turbo blows thru the manifold the same but the fuel is controlled by injectors etc. Changing our cars over to OBD1 means you can tune it with a computer.

That should give you enough to /search with, Good luck