PDA

View Full Version : Guess What I just bought!!!

superaccord
12-29-2002, 06:30 PM
I just bought a B18A1 Integra LS motor without tranny for $100!! And it starts!! Time to swap it into the all mighty accord! WHat do you guys think? I'm sending it off to be rebuilt before it goes in and I'm going to turbo it. THis is gonna be fun.

carotman
12-29-2002, 07:06 PM
Oh yeah! you're going to have some fun with that engine!!!

Neuspeed007
12-29-2002, 11:49 PM
how the hell did u pull that off??? you must have bought it form a retard or sumffin

bobafett
12-30-2002, 07:18 AM
NIIIIIIIIICE find... i am jealous! i am thinking about tracking down a 5speed b20 to work on and turbo... build it up over the next few years, and turbo it, then when i graduate college and can afford it, throw it in and start busting axels! :)

good luck with that engine. i know they haul pretty nice!

89AccordNate
12-31-2002, 07:32 PM
Be prepared to drop $1500 on just mounts, harnesses, linkages, axles etc to mount that in.

Nate.

iloveJDMblackrims69
01-03-2003, 10:15 AM
damn............LUCKY ASS.lolhave fun man, does it like have high-milelage or somthin???? $100.......damn....and yes im with nate be prepeared for all that shit and labor to put it in!

od2681
01-05-2003, 09:10 PM
there was this one guy in my high school sellin an integra type R motor with tranny for 900

juiquan
01-07-2003, 08:19 PM
"there was this one guy in my high school sellin an integra type R motor with tranny for 900"
is he still selling it ? motor mileage, whats wrong with it, wiring harness or no wiring harness
,ecu?

superaccord
01-08-2003, 10:57 AM
It was a good friend of mine. He baught a new one for $500 and sold me his old one for cheap. It's in the process of a $2500 rebuild, for turbo. Yea I know all about the mounts and stuff. Not a prob.

iloveJDMblackrims69
01-12-2003, 01:09 PM
was it stolen??? lol jp

superaccord
01-13-2003, 01:00 PM
NO, it was out of his car. NOt stolen. lol

3G Jester
01-13-2003, 03:27 PM
you are a dirty dirty little fucker. im soo jellous. tell us how the mounting goes.

did u crack it open and look at the pistons and such? u should get it cleaned and 'rebuilt' at a shop before you put it in.....after all..u DID save a lot of cash. it would be worth it. even for you to just take the top off and clean the carbon deposits out...

Immeraufdemhund
01-13-2003, 04:45 PM
that thing has a smaller displacement, i know i just can't decide everything on displacement, but why is it so special?

dXsquared
01-13-2003, 04:54 PM
100 dollars!!! for that price... he has enuff cash to turbo the fucker and then kick the shit out of any accord with an A20... maybe not Justin... depends on how far he goes... any way... the liters dont matter when ur pushin 20 lbs of boost... its still fast!

Travis

superaccord
01-14-2003, 10:48 AM
I'm sending it to the shop to get rebuilt to run 12lbs of boost at the track. It is said and proven that if I can hook up I will run 12.9-13.1 in the quarter mile in denver. At sea level thats about, 11.8-12.2 So yea! OH yea. guess what? I have a friend that just got a b18A1 for free. At his college it was donated for body work and it still had a running motor in it and they said he could pull it on his own and keep it. It's going to be sitting next to mine in the garage for a while. Sweet ehh. I'll try and get some pics up.

iloveJDMblackrims69
01-14-2003, 02:32 PM
WTF..FREE!>?!!?!? Tell me where you live so i can steal it. lol. lucky bastards, have fun

superaccord
01-14-2003, 02:57 PM
I know, I was hella surprised also.

PhydeauX
01-14-2003, 03:55 PM
You people act like the b18a1 is some sort of rare motor. It was in the gen2 teg and its quite easy to find one at a junkyard. You can get one for just as much as it would cost you to get another a20a. Junkyards differ highly on pricing, I've seen as low as $120 and if you pay more then $500 it better be low milage and proven to run. I was trying to push this swap as an option a while ago on the old af board for carb people. The b18a1 is non vtec, so its carb friendly, and there are DCOE conversion kits readily available for it. A DX or LX with this motor and some mild mods ( the carb conversion plus cams, headers, and exhaust) could easily run well into the 15s with out an efi conversion, add a fogger system and hold on tight.

andy

superaccord
01-14-2003, 10:30 PM
okay. I dont get you phydeaux. The b18a is prolly the best motor to turbo. Think about it. It has more torque than the b18c, and if you put wild cams in it it will be just as fast as a b18c. The block is stronger, and when you turbo it you dont have to cancel out your vtec. It's a sick fucking motor man.

superaccord
01-14-2003, 10:31 PM
plius, it is rare. everyone wants one for the ls/vtec conversion.

PhydeauX
01-14-2003, 11:58 PM
I never said it wasn't a good motor to turbo. I know some one with a fully built turbo b18a in a 91 teg. He'd problaby run 12s if he could figure out how to get the power to the ground. There are enough parts to make that possible with out cunstom fabrication. Of course its going to be as fast as a vtec b18c with wild cams, thats all vtec is, a way to get wild cams to pass emissions and to make enough low end torque to be streetable. Its not a lack of b18a blocks keeping people from doing ls/vtec conversions. I'd have an easier time finding the block then the head, not saying the head is hard to find.

andy

3G Jester
01-15-2003, 02:04 PM
i think its pretty easy to find head..well at east for me...OH wait..thats not what we were talking about.....

anywyas......it is a good motor to turbo...phy let him have his fun. BUUUUUUUuuuut.......dontforget hes driving a 3g, no t a 91 teg

PhydeauX
01-15-2003, 07:14 PM
I'm not trying to stop him, I'm all for it. I'm just trying to get more people to concider the b18a1. Its a good easy to find motor with plenty of aftermarket support. I was just trying to give the idea to some carb people who might be thinking about a swap and reading this thread that the b18a1 can work for them too. No where did I say that it was a bad idea or that he shouldn't do it. It's kind of sad when I have to explain posts to people.

andy

3G Jester
01-15-2003, 09:21 PM
IM still up in the air as to what i should do (IF i ever swap..IF) b18a or b18c...proabably go with whatever i can find. Depending on which road you take they'll both end p just as good. one just means you can brag 'vtec' and the other means u can brag "wild cams. Buuuut the b18c does have more after market support like u sed and i could probably turbo that easier.

probably not going to happen in reality. ill be appy ith a tranny swap and webber carbs....but....u never know what (or how much $$ ) the future will hold....IE....geting any b18 for free..or 100 bucks...

superaccord
05-25-2003, 09:33 AM
well, i still have my motor,but it is still sitting in the garage. I have two jobs now and im working my ass off. my plans still remain the same, just updating....so you guys still know where im at. Its going to cost alot for this turbo to happen but tha motor isnt going into my car until its done.Muahahahahahah! I figure i will buy a good(new) turbo or a used one(junkyard) then buy a manifold(new), and then have my testpipes custom made. I shall run the lines with steel braided ones. Those are pretty cheap. What yall think?Oh yea and all the small parts like guages...I also figure im going to buy a new(not used) waste gate, and blow off valve. I also have a question. what should i get to upgrade my fuel, and ECU? Any one think i should port or polish anything? sorry...but thanks for the answers(if i get any) :wave:

superaccord
05-26-2003, 07:00 AM
oh yea, and for those of you that know, which turbo would be good for the b18?

carlessNcareless
06-15-2003, 10:07 PM
this thread turned from stupid to retarded...the b18a is a great motor and all, and i guess the reason you kids are shitting in your pants over it is because you drive late 80's accords.. but still i do think you are getting way over excited, and i myslef wouldnt pay much more then 100 bucks for a 90-91 b18a, i payed 400 for mine only because i needed the motor quick and it only had 140 hp, and 70k miles..shame on me, and yes the price for the accessories should make you sit your happy azz back down

pimp86LX
06-15-2003, 10:22 PM
superaccord i would reccomend haltek's fuel managment system. Fully programmable, etc. Or if your a DIY'er get a GM ECM with an EPROM and re-write the tables for boost. However the later is a lot of work. Consult Sean on that one.

-peace