PDA

View Full Version : [Color=blue]IMPORTANT[/Color] 500 bucks

Neuspeed007
12-30-2002, 12:38 AM
ok; well boys lets see here

http://images.cardomain.com/installs/271000-271999/271188_3_full.jpg
http://images.cardomain.com/installs/271000-271999/271188_2_full.jpg

I got a stock accord goin here, a few mods inside,but nuthing big on appearance. I am going for performance and appearance. Im in a huge fued with my friends as to weather I should lower the car, or buy some wheels, or put a 4th gen Bodykit on it.

I WANT THE BODY KIT!!
-----------------------------
I got the springs but i dont got the KONIS (struts)
------------------------------------------------------------
I NEED WHEELS!
----------------------
But What about the Bumper Slim Shady? I nee a New Bumper! and new lamps. Why dont I just give it a Tune-up? (not really needed) Plus That window needs to be fixed. (Driver Window is out of place)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The thing is..............my job doesnt start back up until early March. All i got here is this cash.....$500

I dont know what to do. I was YAY close to ordering that 4th Gen Kit, yesterday. But i stopped myself, because of reacent encounters with Jims Smarts on Suspension.

I want to replace the bumper but if i get that kit, itll just get replaced anyways, and all my problems will be solved, all I would need is to replace the front Parking lamps.

From the looks of my car, and If you were in this situation, What would Any of You guys do to this car first!?!?

all of your advise, and comments will be well appreciated. :D

nick-

Chrome_thangs
12-30-2002, 12:44 AM
If it were me i would fix the busted out sidemarker light and drop it. If you get rims first it would kinda like a 4x4.(trust me ran into that problem when i first got my 3g)! The bumper doesn't look that bad, it can wait.

Scotts88WhiteLX-i
12-30-2002, 12:47 AM
first of all man you can't get the 4th gen body kit without havin some rims first...It would look so stupid to be rollin around stock rims with this body kit... If i were in the situation i would get the rest of the stuff to lower the the car an buy a side marker then save up for some rims an tires an eventuallly get the body kit when i have money to get it painted too.....
-But thats just me-

Mike's89AccordLX
12-30-2002, 02:03 AM
Well I think that window might be stuck is that what's happening? Take off the door panel and make sure the glass is in the guides and not going off course. Mine did this when I installed the drivers side front window motor. I found this out from friend that's an autobody guy. Do the window first. Then get some sidemarkers from the junkyard and put those in and then get some SI rims and drop the sucker and then get a kit for it.

MoonScryer
12-30-2002, 09:35 AM
First, fix that SOB up; it looks like complete ass. Not just ass, but dirty ass, you get my meaning? Then, get yourself the rims you want; body kit + stock rims = bad rice, cause if you only got $500, how the hell you gonna paint it? Get the rims.

markmdz89hatch
12-30-2002, 11:25 AM
Nah, I say just get a new grill, corner markers, and windshield wipers. Then either touch up the bumper or get a cheap respray on it (don't spend much seeing as you're planning on getting a body kit.)

Then put the rest of the $$ in the bank and save it up 'til you got enough for the suspension setup you want, then go with wheels and tires that you really like, then the body kit. These cars do look pretty damn good with a moderate-extreme drop, and a nice set of wheels. Once you're there, then do the kit. But it's an LX-i right? If so, then go with a header and intake before you do the kit.

That's the way I'd tackle it anyway.

pearldrop
12-30-2002, 11:31 AM
Clean the car up first. Fix all the broken stuff and make sure everything works right.

markmdz89hatch
12-30-2002, 11:33 AM
PS... It really doesn't look to be in that bad of shape, it's just missing a few key things that'll make it look much better. But wait, what the hell is that guage cluster cover? Is that blue? Is the rest of the interior blue too? If not, I'd invest in another can of paint of a different color.

Neuspeed007
12-30-2002, 02:52 PM
the interior is nt all blue, but soe parts are. Ya the car isnt in bad shape at all, it runs in high performance, but there just a few things on the exterior i need take care of. As for now i think the body kit is definaty going tohave to wait until summer when i start makin the big bucks again. I think what imgoing to do, is get the struts i need, and buy the side markers that are missing, and a grill. Caue i can get it lowered here for free. I think he bumper can wait a lil longer. Its only $65 at carparts.com
But thx for all the advice guys.

markmdz89hatch
12-30-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Neuspeed007
the interior is nt all blue, but soe parts are. Ya the car isnt in bad shape at all, it runs in high performance, but there just a few things on the exterior i need take care of. As for now i think the body kit is definaty going tohave to wait until summer when i start makin the big bucks again. I think what imgoing to do, is get the struts i need, and buy the side markers that are missing, and a grill. Caue i can get it lowered here for free. I think he bumper can wait a lil longer. Its only $65 at carparts.com
But thx for all the advice guys.

Did I read correctly.. ...are you gonna just get ur springs cut? If so, I wouldn't let Jim catch wind of that otherwise he'll give you a big ass web bitch slap. unless of course it's just temporary until you get the springs of choice. But honestly, if ur gonna pay someone to put in the new struts when you get 'em, why not just hold onto 'em until you get ur springs too. That would have a lot more sense.

Neuspeed007
12-30-2002, 03:05 PM
ok for 1,im not paying anybody to lower my car, and 2 i have my owndrzone springs thatll go 1-3 inches, so no i am not cutting any prings and im getting the struts in freeeeee....gotta love books

markmdz89hatch
12-30-2002, 03:08 PM
ok for 1,im not paying anybody to lower my car, and 2 i have my owndrzone springs thatll go 1-3 inches, so no i am not cutting any prings and im getting the struts in freeeeee....gotta love books

OK, just checking. That's not a bad deal at all. Free labor on suspension parts. Good stuff!

Neuspeed007
12-30-2002, 03:09 PM
hehe :werd:

Coroncho80
12-30-2002, 06:10 PM
ok; well boys lets see here

http://images.cardomain.com/installs/271000-271999/271188_2_full.jpg

Ok bro, this is what I would do.

First of all, Get rid of that white ricey sticker on the windshield! :rant:

Second, " GET SOME BLACK WIPERS! "

Third, try to fix the whole front side of the car that looks like shiat.

Fourth, clear the turning signals.

Fifth, when you paint the car, I think it would look better if the side mirrors and molding are painted the same color also.

Sixth, if you don't have that much $$ like most of "US", go to the Junk Yard and steal some newer hubcaps.

Seventh, try to tint your windshield so your blue dash wont show that much :D ( J/K on that one).

Y3G
12-30-2002, 06:24 PM
1. repaint the front bumper and mouldings
2. scoop some corners from a wrecker
3. coilovers
4. loose the wipers(not change the wipers,totaly remove them)
5. meguire tire gel(even on donuts you have to look clean)
6. red out the tails
7. get a small wing

89AccordNate
12-30-2002, 07:02 PM
Its turning into a rice ride. Kill that retarded white banner.....your getting laughed at by more people then you know with that on there. I run a vinyl store and I dont have a banner like that..is that a hint?

Fix the car, and clean it. The front end needs some work. Kill the GAY blue interior parts. The car is white, not blue. LETS MATCH NOT CLASH please!

Nate.

Neuspeed007
12-31-2002, 03:15 PM
you guys all have some good points, the blue dash is already going, i was just being retarted when i did that. Ya when i first started wiht the car, the plan was rice! sry guys but thats over now, i just want a nice look, i think the majority of the votes here are, fix up the car, im gonna make it clean and make a few trips to the junk yard for some parts. Maybe paint the car, and the moldings like yellow3g said and coroncho too, but im gonna say that after that, ill lower the car, make it look decent, maybe i can find some cheap wheels.
anyways thx for the advice guys

Mantis88LX
12-31-2002, 05:20 PM
lowering makes so much difference, even on stock 13's it looks alot sportier.

And u dont need performance struts to lower the car, you can lower it on stock struts for now as long as the struts are in good condition. when i lowered my accord i bought all new gas shocks (stock brand) and my car rides smooth. but if you are going to be carring alot of people around then get performance ones.
lol i need a sticker that says (no fat chicks car will scrap) because if heavy people are in the back of mine the back in squats and scrubs.

K ;)

carlessNcareless
12-31-2002, 09:16 PM
lower it on 13's and ill come to where u are and punch u in the face...

1. lose the banner
2. replace the missing front peices
3.repaint your interior something normal
4. buy some aftermarket shocks or struts
5. buy osme beat up ass GSR's and paint them with that dupli-color wheel paint(although some of u say it may be ricey ive seen dupli color painted gsr's and they looked professionally powdercoated)
6. paint tails red and buy a cheapss muffler off of ebay and just have it welded on for the time being... i may change my mind about all this later so gimme a couple days..

tyne89
01-01-2003, 01:19 PM

89AccordNate
01-01-2003, 04:52 PM
Heat up your springs? Are you retarded? This will create MAJOR suspension problems. You cant align a car like that. And a misaligned car = DESTROYED TIRES and you know what destroyed tires mean? More money! Dont recommend to members to do something stupid. We arent out to make them have to pay more money when they can do it right the first time.

Its dangerous and its dumb.....get the drift? Good.

Nate.

Mantis88LX
01-01-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by ElEcTrOnInTeGrA
lower it on 13's and ill come to where u are and punch u in the face...

im lowered on 13's fool, i dont give a fuck about rims. i keep spending all my money on performance parts, too bad. :rolleyes:

89accordboi
01-01-2003, 08:29 PM
body kit? oh no dude, make the car actually look good first, it looks ok but the bumper has to be fixed, the white stripe needs to go, and if u really want a body kit, do stuff to the engine first to make it fast, then exhaust to make it sound cool and then body kit, if u have a body kit and the rest is stock then, i cant even begin to explain how gay that is... im saying this all in love, to make you better... i have a rice fetish too, i honestly want like a 94 accord or 97 civic to rice out :\

Neuspeed007
01-01-2003, 10:43 PM
haha u all are jumping to conclusions, i have an exhaust for on, full system. (no header yet) But the car really is in perfect shape. I just ordered some tight ass wheels today. And i still have enough for fixing up that bumper.
im going to a paint shop tomorrow and paiting the side mirror moldings white (same sheme as car) PLUS im orderig koni struts form shox.com on a 2 inch drop. (already got the springs) after that, i will probably re-paint the damn dash cause u all think its lame. (guess u got to see it in peroson) But we will see form there. I got it all worked out, y the way here are those wheels i ordered today.
tell me what u think YES or NO?!?
late-
17's
http://oewheels.net/eagle-1933-ptx-lb-4.jpg

Coroncho80
01-01-2003, 10:47 PM

http://oewheels.net/eagle-1933-ptx-lb-4.jpg

I think those rims are the best thing you've done for your car so far.............! Get them! :D

tyne89
01-01-2003, 11:20 PM

SQ is the SQUAD
01-02-2003, 09:27 AM
$500 can go a long way, jest check ebay. you can get a nice set of 17' tenzo shu "like" rims for $329 BRAND NEW. i am gonna sell mr racingharts to get some so ill have some extra money. you can also find some other decent knock off rims for around $3-400. i would lower the car at least 2.5, on ebay you can get the springs for about $85, everythnig else you need you can get from the junkyard like side markers and factory wing

SQ is the SQUAD
01-02-2003, 09:35 AM
heating your springs is the worst thing you can ever do. springs only cost abot $85 for our cars. when you heat the springs it ruins the spring rate and there reliability. my accord came with heated springs and there awful. i have seen many cars with heated springs and the owners always want to buy new springs. if anything i reccomned having your springs cut over heating them. by cutting them you are more likely to get the springs and an even lowering rate if you measue correctly. by heating the springs you dont have as much control over how low the springs will go. for example the first spring you can heat for 10 mins and it may go down 2.5 inches, but the second spring you may have to heat for 15 mins to get it just as low as the first spring. the more heat you put to the spring the weaker it gets. i have actually seen springs crack and brake from being heated. DONT HEAT YOUR SPINGS!!!. i think nate is the last person who will steer you in the wrong direction, he is such a tight ass, but he is a decent guy. i would listen to any suggestion that he makes

Neuspeed007
01-02-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by h0ndavtec
$500 can go a long way, jest check ebay. you can get a nice set of 17' tenzo shu "like" rims for $329 BRAND NEW. i am gonna sell mr racingharts to get some so ill have some extra money. you can also find some other decent knock off rims for around $3-400. i would lower the car at least 2.5, on ebay you can get the springs for about $85, everythnig else you need you can get from the junkyard like side markers and factory wing

ya i already got dropzone springs that can go to a 3" drop, but do u think i should go 2.5 was thinking 2, but ill concider it. :stick:

Y3G
01-02-2003, 05:09 PM
HEAT THE SPRINGS!?!?!
I WORK AT A AUTOPARTS STORE!
I'VE SEEN THE DAMAGE THAT CAN DO!

Neuspeed007
01-02-2003, 05:35 PM
Heated springs is a STUPID idea. I thought of doin that when i first got into cars! (3 years ago!) Just goes to show how cluelsess of a person u have to be if u really wanted to do that.