PDA

View Full Version : headlight when out

89accordboi
12-30-2002, 11:37 AM
ok so one of my headlights have been out for a few days now and i just went to mikes auto parts today to get a new bulb or lense or whatever the hell its called... a little "light bulb" lol sorry im noob, but yeah the guy said i cant i need to buy a new headlight, and they were selling them for like $13... so do i have to do that or can i just replace a bulb in the headlight? thx for the help guys :stupid:

oh btw i have my brights but not my low beams

socal3rdgen
12-30-2002, 11:40 AM
ha ha this is why you are nominated for most questions asked. for members of the year.

how can you still be a noob when you have 369 posts :lol

socal3rdgen
12-30-2002, 11:41 AM
j/k

yeah you have to replace the the whole assembly case and all. but by 2 when you replace the one. because you will want to change them both at one time. i dont feel like explaining. maybe someone else will. you know the dimming effect.

markmdz89hatch
12-30-2002, 11:45 AM
yeah, unless you did a sealed beam conversion, you have to buy the whole light. The bulb is actually part of the whole glass housing. Don't worry about it though b/c it's real easy to replace. Just 4 screws to take off the headlight surround. Then there's a stainless bezel that holds in the headlight with 3 screws. two in the upper corners, then one in the center bottom. then just swap out the bulbs/lenses, and ur set.

I would suggest getting the set though b/c one's gonna look brand new, and the other's gonna be all sandblasted from being on the car.

socal3rdgen
12-30-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by markmdz89hatch
yeah, unless you did a sealed beam conversion, you have to buy the whole light. The bulb is actually part of the whole glass housing. Don't worry about it though b/c it's real easy to replace. Just 4 screws to take off the headlight surround. Then there's a stainless bezel that holds in the headlight with 3 screws. two in the upper corners, then one in the center bottom. then just swap out the bulbs/lenses, and ur set.

I would suggest getting the set though b/c one's gonna look brand new, and the other's gonna be all sandblasted from being on the car.

dont confuse him! it would be best if you only said yes or no. :lol:

markmdz89hatch
12-30-2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by socal3rdgen
dont confuse him! it would be best if you only said yes or no. :lol:

:lol :lol Yeah, you might be right.

Hey Accordboi, you're only allowed to ask 2 more questions pertaining to this thread. Acutally, you can ask as many as you want, but I'm only permitted to answer two more.

ELM'sLX+CHL'sDX
12-30-2002, 11:58 AM
Accordboi:

Forget about purchasing those sealed housings. You're better off getting a set of conversion lenses. They will allow you to use a standard H4 bulb. I would recommend the following either Hella E-Code Housings or the lenses that Nate is selling.

You'll notice a vast performance difference. Instead of two little spots you're going to get an entire field illuminated. As far as bulbs, you can try Hella 80/100 or PIAA Super White 80/80. Don't fall for the cheap dark blue bulbs. They only project a blue colored light and aren't anything like true Xenon headlights.

Claude

markmdz89hatch
12-30-2002, 12:11 PM
only prop with that is the OEM replacements are like 15-25 for a pair as opposted to the conversion lenses being anywhere from 30-50+ for just the lenses (good glass one's). Then the bulbs 'll run ya' about 20-30 for good ones.

Now don't get me wrong, I'd suggest going this route too, b/c it's a much better light, and provides a much larger field of vision, but that's if you have the extra $$.

DBMaster
12-30-2002, 02:10 PM
A good compromise is a set of "improved" halogen sealed beams. I, too, went with a set of glass H4 housings, but a set of GE "high output" halogen sealed beams is $15 at wal Mart. They are 55/65W lights and are nearly as good as the H4's.

89AccordNate
12-30-2002, 07:16 PM
Padiddle!

:D

Nate.

ACCORD EX
12-31-2002, 01:06 AM
damn ! you can't change the bulb in our cars ! what a stupid desgin ! :angry:

MIKE

89accordboi
01-03-2003, 11:52 AM
yeah i just went out today and got a pair for $30, they are pretty nice and it was really easy to do

89accordboi
01-03-2003, 11:53 AM
also right now im trying to fix the problem where the one doesnt close, i've taken off the 2 12 mm bolts on the top and the one on the right, do i need to take the battery off to finish the job or..

89accordboi
01-03-2003, 11:54 AM
u could always say "check the fuse to the motor" but i dont know how to do that...

89accordboi
01-03-2003, 02:57 PM
hooray i fixed it it was just a loose connection haha, i so happy