PDA

View Full Version : things to check while interior is stripped?

gugumachi
05-20-2002, 03:55 PM
well, in my endeavor to fix my sunroof drain leak as well as a plethora of electrical problems, i have stripped down the interior of my car. all that's left is everything that was under the dash. tomorrow i'm going out with my circuit tester and i guess i'm gonna try to find out why my interior lights don't work (it's not the fuse, bulb, or door switch). also, i still haven't gotten to the leak in the drain. i'm guessing it's somewhere behind the blower that's behind the glovebox, since the insulation there is pretty wet. hopefully i'll also find out why my fans don't have any force whatsoever. anyway, is there anything else i should check/replace while i have it apart? and if anyone has any tips, feel free to share them. this is my first time tearing the car down this far, let's hope i can put it back together.

here's a pic:
http://home.fuse.net/slstoeck/interior.jpg

1988starter
05-20-2002, 04:51 PM
that little bar near the rearview mirror that rattles on a lot of out cars when we drive.

shepherd79
05-20-2002, 05:13 PM
little bar ? :wtf:
where is it?

1988starter
05-20-2002, 05:43 PM
Not quite sure it was on the old bord but I think it is near the rearview mirror underneath the celing.

88WhiteLX-i
05-20-2002, 08:35 PM
You weren't fucking kidding when you said you stripped that bad boy!! :omg: :eek: :omg:

shepherd79
05-21-2002, 04:33 AM
oh man, i thought it would be some thing easy to get to.
my dash or something rattles when i reach above 85mph it is like buzzing noise. i am preaty sure we didn't have speed limiters on our cars. or am i wrong?
my uncle has something like that on his 91 sentra, he got it from japan, and when ever he gets up to 90 it is started to make this buzzing sound, he riped that thing off as fast as he could
oh well, i am gonna keep looking for this noice. but thanks anyway

SteveDX89
05-21-2002, 04:35 PM
If that's the carbed model, do the EFI swap.

1988starter
05-21-2002, 06:47 PM
if you hit the ceeling and the buzz goes away that is what it is hit the center near the rear view.:)

88WhiteLX-i
05-22-2002, 07:57 AM
I would check my heater core to make sure that it isn't rusted or is in bad shape......