PDA

View Full Version : MoreTorque??

Neuspeed007
12-30-2002, 03:16 PM
How can i get more torque? Besides the weber conversion. I drive an Lx..

johndej
12-30-2002, 05:06 PM
i think about anything that gives you horsepower will atleast give you a little torque.

accordboricua
12-30-2002, 05:15 PM
get a friend with a mack truck to ram ur car's ass....! JK

safeel
12-30-2002, 06:17 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Yeah, that should give u alot more torque
and a 0-60 time of about 2 seconds.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

bobafett
12-31-2002, 03:00 PM
my uncle has a truck... i am sure he'd help you get more torque... lol

i think its even a mack truck... which is funny since he works for mac tools... :D

Neuspeed007
12-31-2002, 03:20 PM
hahah jeez thx for the helpful advice guys........:(

shepherd79
12-31-2002, 06:21 PM
the headers will give you more torgue.
i can't remmeber correctly but i think 4-2-1 headers give you better low end power and torque, and 4-1 headers give you high end power and torgue.
i just got pacessetter 4-2-1 and i can fell the diff at low end. my tires want to spin everytime i floor it at 1st gear.

bobafett
12-31-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by shepherd79
the headers will give you more torgue.
i can't remmeber correctly but i think 4-2-1 headers give you better low end power and torque, and 4-1 headers give you high end power and torgue.
i just got pacessetter 4-2-1 and i can fell the diff at low end. my tires want to spin everytime i floor it at 1st gear.

ok so lets say u take off slowly in 1st of course, and youre going 2500rpm and THEN you floor it, your tires will break loose?

cause if i am "moving" then i cant get them to spin! :( but from a stop youre right it doesnt take a lot of effort.

socal3rdgen
12-31-2002, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by bobafett
ok so lets say u take off slowly in 1st of course, and youre going 2500rpm and THEN you floor it, your tires will break loose?

cause if i am "moving" then i cant get them to spin! :( but from a stop youre right it doesnt take a lot of effort.

i can spin mine for a roll in first :flip:

bobafett
12-31-2002, 06:32 PM
wtf is wrong with my car then??

are you guys "JUST" using gas, or are you putting the clutch in and revving up first?

i think my siped tires are making this harder than it needs to be

iiviasterp
01-02-2003, 03:16 PM
my car will roll one off pretty nicely at about 10 miles an hour when i slam the gas in first......when i had my rims on i had some pretty sticky tires, and when i installed my header i really didnt want to spin them that much, but right before i put my car away, with my header, str8 pipe back to a stainless muffler and intake, i took my car around the block on the stock tires, and i pulled out of work and smashed the gas and left about a 20 footer in first and another 10 foot in second, i was like damn......but back to the question, get headers and a cam and whatever else your heart desires, like johndej said, most things that give horsepower gains also give torque gains as well

Mike's89AccordLX
01-02-2003, 03:23 PM
Well that's good to know b/c I just bought a straight pipe and pacesetter headers. I'm still waiting for the headers to get here though. Do it all at once.

safeel
01-02-2003, 03:48 PM
Mine does that too, if i at about 2500rpm and i jam on the gas pedal, then the wheels spin all through first, and half way through 2nd gear and because the power steering is sooooo light the steering wheel just turns by itself so u gotta hold it tight.

bobafett
01-02-2003, 09:32 PM
damn i either have really grippy tires or you guys have more power... lol :)

SiCReX
01-03-2003, 02:28 AM
i used to be able to smoke my tires easily in 1st with my old stock tires, but now with my new wheels i cant do that shit anymore

Sabz5150
01-03-2003, 02:58 PM
I can break loose shifting to second without too much effort. I need to replace my clutch soon :( Still runnin the stocker one.

buzzbomber88lx
01-04-2003, 07:53 AM
If you want torque just lower your exhaust pipe size but it makes your car have crappy throttle response and less high rpm power. More restriction=more torque. If you want torque plus power you could get a header, cam, port and polishing, smaller thickness head gasket, pistons, etc. Port and polish your intake manifold. I am sure honda thought that your car would be the grocery getter when they made it and put a load of metal in there blocking the flow. Who knows?

SiCReX
01-04-2003, 12:25 PM
but see... more backpressure may equal more torque but less hp

smufguy
01-05-2003, 08:45 AM
the backflow issue has been addressed before and discussed a lot of times. The final word is, its not simple math. you cant blindly equate more backpressure = more torque. it does not work that way. Supertrap (a straight thru adjustable muffler) and other tunable ones could make u feel like ur really adjusting the torque of the motor. but the thing is, its not that noticable, its just you who feels it but dyno would give u a different answer. The torque on the stock motor is limited. with no mods and standalone (as in no turbo or supercharger). Superchargers give u more torque than they give u hp. and the turbo as we know, gives u more hp than hp. But it also has to do with the weight and displacement and the size of your motor. it basically depends on how big your crankshaft is (in logical sense) cause in basic physics or mechanics, torque = force * distance. Here the force is the force of the pistons pushin down and the distance is the distance bwt the piston landing and the center of the crankshaft. so there is only one way to increase torque and that is by creating more force by pistons.

In our motors, that is limited, and basically to say, everything is limited on a A20 series. you cant really bore it out, you cant really do shit to your block. So No matter what, its purpose is to haul you back and forth and not really fit for bustin out every car on the road. but we are those dont give up on what we have at hand. weight to hp ratio is a key and everything you do to your car which also includes what kinda tires you put on.

Well enough said, i hope u get the idea of what i am trying to say here. have fun and hope i did not confuse you a lot. ;)

Neuspeed007
01-05-2003, 01:16 PM
good discription, ya i understand what u said. Thx bro-

smufguy
01-05-2003, 03:49 PM
anytime buddy. :D

anchovies
01-05-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by smufguy

In our motors, that is limited, and basically to say, everything is limited on a A20 series. you cant really bore it out, you cant really do shit to your block. So No matter what, its purpose is to haul you back and forth and not really fit for bustin out every car on the road. but we are those dont give up on what we have at hand. weight to hp ratio is a key and everything you do to your car which also includes what kinda tires you put on.

Well enough said, i hope u get the idea of what i am trying to say here. have fun and hope i did not confuse you a lot. ;)

Gearing helps too with all those said.

The problem with exhaust gas is that you want the gas to exit through the help of vacumm (sucking the exhaust gas out, whilst the piston is pushing the gas also). If the exit pipe is too big (i.e., will not get enough velocity for creating that vacumm spot for the next piston at the exhaust cycle) or not big enough (piston doing more work), exhaust gas will linger around and might be sucked back in when the piston should be sucking in fresh air. Worst if you have a hardcore cam with more overlap.

smufguy
01-06-2003, 06:36 AM
oh yeah, gearing. Duh!! i missed that one, it should help a lot combined with the power of ur motor. Thanks for pointing it out anchovies.