PDA

View Full Version : TSP Woes

glide
03-16-2015, 07:11 PM
Hey guys,

I have an 1986 DX Carby, recently it was leaking from the intake manifold specifically from the welsh plugs I removed the manifold and put in some new plugs now my leaking issues are gone but with one problem fixed arises another.

When I disconnected the carb to get to the manifold I took off the TSP little did I know it was under tension as its spring loaded, now I can not seem to get the tension right, and my car idles rough and the revs drop until it switches off when I put it into gear.

Any tips/troubleshooting would be gladly appreciated.

Dr_Snooz
03-23-2015, 07:40 PM
What's a TSP?

glide
03-26-2015, 06:00 PM
I meant the throttle position sensor, well what I thought was the throttle position sensor was actually the bimetallic spring which as it turns as out was not the issue.

My problem was I connected hose #16 wrong, after connecting the hose to the back of the manifold where it should have been in the first place my problems were resolved.....first time owning a carbureted car if you couldn't tell.

Dr_Snooz
03-27-2015, 08:37 PM
It's always nice to find a simple fix like that. The bimetallic spring you mention sounds like the choke. Glad you got it fixed.