PDA

View Full Version : Dont let ur gf drive the honda

87accord
12-30-2002, 06:51 PM
Well i Let her drive it last night when it was wet and slick out :(
She was making a turn and slid into a curb. I then drove it to the nearest auto place. They said the front upper control arm was fucked and the sway bars are gone also he said the subframe was bent! They quoted me 550 on everything. 250 on just labor can u fucking belive that arrrrr:mad:
At least my mom went out of town and i get to drive the 96 accord lx auto. it fast and fun to drive. So what do u guys thing aoubt the whole subframe thing. Also i am typing in the dark in the laptop sorry bout the spelling!:werd:

89AccordNate
12-30-2002, 07:15 PM
96 LX auto fast? Since when! I drove one of those cars and I thought I was going to die of boredom!! Their slower then my 3g!

Nate.

87accord
12-30-2002, 08:06 PM
WEll its faster than my car! its a auto carb 87!
The accord is faster than mine! It has a 130 hp engine f22 i think?:tongue:

Scotts88WhiteLX-i
12-30-2002, 09:04 PM
im thinkn what were u thinkin lettin drive your car in the first place i don't care who it is they ain't drivin my car i wont even let anyone sit in the drivers seat! My cars my baby!;) Give me $10,000 an i might think about lettin you drive it around the block:lol .........

maka_RTH
12-30-2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Scotts88WhiteLX-i
im thinkn what were u thinkin lettin drive your car in the first place i don't care who it is they ain't drivin my car i wont even let anyone sit in the drivers seat! My cars my baby!;) Give me $10,000 an i might think about lettin you drive it around the block:lol .........
lol that's me too!

ELM'sLX+CHL'sDX
12-30-2002, 11:32 PM
87Accord:

You can find the upper control arms quite cheaply online. Look at Majestic Honda and several other online dealers. I found the upper control arms at one place for around $45, which includes the ball joint.

As for the swaybar, you can purchase that and the links on line as well. I don't know about the subframe, but I believe the tech is talking about the steering knuckle. That is an expensive part. If you've got the tools, you can probably do the repairs yourself.

Claude

ACCORD EX
12-31-2002, 01:13 AM
i never allow anyone to drive my car except my dad and brother !
because i drive their cars ! :D

MIKE

RobT5580
12-31-2002, 09:14 AM
I very rarely let her drive it but one day she backed right into my nice car and i flipped on her but somehow she didnt even leave a mark on it. I let her drive my other one cause i dont care what she does to it. Only if im drinking (which is rare) or feeling very brave to let her drive it.

bobafett
12-31-2002, 02:43 PM
i let amber drive mine a few times, but she dont like the clutch in my car or the short shifter. so she doesnt like to drive it... plus she has her own now! w00t w00t! :D

oldsub86
12-31-2002, 05:12 PM
Get a second opinion on the damage before you spend your money. Talk to a body shop about the subframe issue.

Einstein
01-01-2003, 12:18 PM
I would NEVER let my GrandFather drive my cars.

MoBFiGGa
01-30-2003, 04:58 AM
WORD she fucked my clutch up

njpeter
01-30-2003, 05:34 AM
steel and iron is much cheaper to repair then flesh and blood..I'm sure you would be a bit more upset had she kissed the windshield and ended up with a big nasty scar on the kisser.

1988starter
01-30-2003, 09:30 AM
Yea I learned my lesson a few weeks ago but my car will be out of the body shop soon.

SMITHACCORD*&
01-30-2003, 04:43 PM
My women never gets to drive my baby. She always wants to but i can't bring it to myself to let her drive it. I am to worried about the car to let anyone but me drive it.

bobafett
01-30-2003, 05:17 PM
its actually kind of hillarious how protective you guys are of your TOP OF THE LINE, super expensive cars... jesus... my little brother has a bicycle thats worth more that most of your cars.. and you act like its SOOOOOOOOO AWESOME your dreaded GF's will never touch them...

why would people "want" to drive a 3g accord??? i tell you what i would rather drive many cars other than a 3g but its what i got, and i like it... so i am happy. but its not my FIRST choice, thats for sure... :)

of course if they are accident prone of course there is reason to be protective, but thats not the case for most people!

Grant2k
01-30-2003, 05:53 PM
my girlfriend can't drive stick, so she's never driven my car. it would be nice if she could though. i don't mind people i trust driving my car. it is just a car in the end. i love it, but it's still just a car.

SiCReX
01-31-2003, 06:53 PM
bobafett maybe you wouldnt give a shit because no one has ever asked you to drive it in the first place... no one wants to drive your gay ass hatchback anyway.

smufguy
01-31-2003, 08:29 PM
whoa, easy here fellas dotn wanna be pickin cock fights here. Jesus, it was starter and now its you. Crap seems like gfs dont know how to driver their bfs care. lets see, how about CAREFULLY???? my gf almost rearended my 4g once, but after i am like, i drive my car, you drive yours.

dude 87accord, you know this and i dont have to tell you this anyway, but why is this on technical dude?

bobafett
01-31-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by SiCReX
bobafett maybe you wouldnt give a shit because no one has ever asked you to drive it in the first place... no one wants to drive your gay ass hatchback anyway.

well thats actually not true... but i am not here to argue. so SURE, u're right, my hatchback is "gay ass" and nobody wants to drive it! :D

lol, :woowoo:

SiCReX
02-01-2003, 02:14 PM
at least you admit your pos!

Micah 89LXi
02-04-2003, 12:34 PM
I dont know if this is relevant or not but a while back one of my ball joints broke due to wear and i had all 4 replaced for $220 labor and all...i wonder if your repairs really cost that much or if they are trying to rip u off

GreenMachine
02-05-2003, 08:20 PM
Same thing happened to me, but it was me foolin around and hit a curb. had to replace all those parts as well.
If your mechanically inclined you should change the parts yourself with parts from a wrecker and maybe some new sway bar bushings and ball joints