PDA

View Full Version : 88 accord lx wiring

pos88lx
03-19-2015, 09:46 AM
started troubleshooting my (numerous) electrical problems last night. Found this by the brake light (pass. side) tucked up inside the plastic trunk interior. Already had a wiring harness fire the day i bought the car (cig lighter wiring). Had to replace the whole dang thing lol. I'm just a beginner at this electrical stuff and don't really have a clue what I'm doing yet. My problems that i am aware of are
1. Brake light (only one of them)
2. Instrument cluster lights
3. Cooling fan probs
Going to be a challenge! The brake light wiring is confusing with those circuit fault sensors, can't seem to find a diagram worth a damn to help me thru it. I have tons of questions so i hope you all are ready for me haha

Oldblueaccord
03-19-2015, 10:00 AM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/3geez-accords/25137-1986-1989-accord-shop-manual-updated.html

top of the page in the troubleshooting section (3g).

If you got wiring problems and are driving it carry a fire extinguisher and maybe keep the positive battery cable loose enough to pull off quick with pliers.

a nice 12volt test light is very handy also. Up front i always use the key for a ground never fails.

pos88lx
03-19-2015, 10:15 AM
Hah! Thanks for the advice, I'm not driving it though until I go through all of it. Already downloaded the manual, and i havea decent dmm. Just have some more checking to do before i know which questions to ask so i don't waste anyone's time

Oldblueaccord
03-19-2015, 11:46 AM
Hah! Thanks for the advice, I'm not driving it though until I go through all of it. Already downloaded the manual, and i havea decent dmm. Just have some more checking to do before i know which questions to ask so i don't waste anyone's time

well sounds like your all over it. keep checking those wires.

Another thing pretty easy is go thru the fuses and make sure there the right amperage for the circuit. People get the wild idea that a blown fuse means just put in the next bigger one. :nuts:

Dr_Snooz
03-23-2015, 07:29 PM
Oh boy. You got your hands full with that. Good luck getting it sorted out.