PDA

View Full Version : CV will not go into the trans all the way!!

kevins89lxi
12-31-2002, 10:32 AM
Does anyone have any way to get the drive shaft into the trans. It is in almost all the way but I cannot get it all the way so that the trans is sealed to the cv joint. I have tried a hammer and a long pole with a hammer. Any other ideas?
Thanks

markmdz89hatch
12-31-2002, 10:46 AM
is this a replacement one that you bought? If so, do me a favor and compare the end of the old one to the end of the new one and make sure that they are identical in every way.

this same thing happened to me, and it turns out they gave me an auto axle instead of a manual. The part that made it tough was that the part number on the box was correct, but it was the wrong part inside the box.

If that's not the case, let me know, there's a few other things you could look into.

2old_honda
12-31-2002, 11:17 AM
gently hit the other end of the axle (the part that goes into the hub) with a rubber mallet or a hammer and a block of wood. that should pop it in.

Site
12-31-2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by 2old_honda
gently hit the other end of the axle (the part that goes into the hub) with a hammer and a block of wood. that should pop it in.
That's what I did and it went right in.

oldsub86
12-31-2002, 05:19 PM
Do make sure it is the correct axle. I knew someone who had the wrong one put in and it cost him a transmission as it leaked and he lost the lubricant.

dirty89lx5sp
01-01-2003, 04:18 PM
You either don't have it lined up well or you're not pushing past the spring clip about 2-3 inches down the shaft...I reccomend doublechecking the part and then if good try the mallet if not...the you may have something going on in your tranny.

accordboricua
01-01-2003, 07:16 PM
Hey Kevin...are u near South Spaulding Avenue???