PDA

View Full Version : Need help identifying this piece of the air inlet tract

tuna55
03-23-2015, 05:35 AM
Sorry for a first-post, I promise I have searched and looked at diagrams, but everything stops before or starts after this piece. I shamelessly stole the pic to get the screengrab.

Does anyone know what this is called? Part number? Where can I get one? It's detached from the PCV line and I don't think it can be repaired.

niles
03-23-2015, 11:51 AM
If you take that piece of tube to a parts store, they can probably match it up to one, or grab one off another 3G at the parts yard.

Wait, are you asking about the plastic part that goes to the air cleaner?

tuna55
03-24-2015, 04:10 AM
If you take that piece of tube to a parts store, they can probably match it up to one, or grab one off another 3G at the parts yard.

Wait, are you asking about the plastic part that goes to the air cleaner?

The little section which is connected to the rubber coupler off the throttle body. I don't have it in front of me, but it is where the PCV system attaches from the valve cover. It starts big near the throttle body and necks down as it connects to the air cleaner assembly.

niles
03-27-2015, 02:19 PM
I think you're talking about #8 in this picture. If so I believe I have one.

P.S. websites like hondapartsnow.com have these diagrams for nearly everything on our cars, very handy for finding part numbers and such.

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/diagrams/large/air-cleaner-pgm-fi-458809.png

Vanilla Sky
03-30-2015, 03:58 PM
If you're going to Challenge it, why not take it all off and run a cone filter? That's what I did with mine when I bought it.