PDA

View Full Version : window problem

88lxi-shortram
03-24-2015, 04:34 PM
well its been a while since ive had to ask for help guys but this time i need help big time lol. just put my interior back together and went to go for a drive and as soon as i out my key into the switch and turned it to full power (not starting the car just illuminating the lights on the dash) my drivers window went straight down and wont go back up. im thinking i left a ground loose under the seat but i figured i get opinions on this while im digging into it. of if anyone has a full wiring schematic thatd be great as well :D

88lxi-shortram
03-24-2015, 07:12 PM
couldnt find anything wrong. tested the controller and tested good. the only other conclusion i could come to would be the main switch possibly. but for the time being i just found a schematic followed the auto down wire and clipped it. once i clipped it i was able to roll up and down. just no automatic window. not a big deal but definitly would like it fixed correctly. if anyone can think of a common problem with the auto down circuit let me know.

Dr_Snooz
03-27-2015, 09:02 PM
Wire diagrams are here: http://www.3geez.com/forum/3geez-accords/113721-1989-usdm-foldout-wiring-diagrams.html?highlight=foldout+wiring+diagrams

Oldblueaccord
03-28-2015, 12:57 AM
Other than the switch stuck I can't think of anything besides low voltage.

Once when my battery went dead I started charging it and after a few minutes the coolant fans came on. The car was stone cold. I knocked around a little and it went off. Only thing I can think of is the relay stuck on for some reason.

88lxi-shortram
05-08-2015, 06:57 PM
I'll get around to chasing it down one day. But it works for now and since I drive it maybe once a week its not a huge deal.