PDA

View Full Version : cluster lights not cooperating (88 accord lx)

pos88lx
03-27-2015, 06:13 PM
Dimmer switch tested OK, as did all the other crap i tested, could be the cluster maybe? It does light up when i ground the red wire going to the illumination controller like it said to do during the controller test, so my question is can i safely jump that red wire to a toggle then to a ground ? I'd rather fix it properly but I'm growing weary ; (

Dr_Snooz
03-27-2015, 08:04 PM
Typically, the dimmer control is the last device in the circuit before ground. If nothing is working, and you wire past the controller to ground, then the controller is bad. You can toggle it like you describe without any trouble. You won't be able to dim the circuit. It will just stay at full brightness.

pos88lx
03-28-2015, 05:08 PM
ok, got cluster illuminated, all 5 brake lights going, all speakers noising, and I'm on the road! So happy to finally have this this car rolling. still a multitude of issues to deal with but its driving just like the 84 accord i used to have (as in awesome). still no gas guage or temp guage for now, and a couple of phantom wiring problems but it isnt in my garage anymore with all the interior EVERYTHING on the outside lol.
Anyway, I appreciate all your input dr_snooz, thanks for responding

Dr_Snooz
03-28-2015, 08:19 PM
Happy to help. Good luck getting it the rest of the way to awesome.