PDA

View Full Version : 88 lxi looking for direction

nfr319
03-28-2015, 12:27 AM
about a month ago i purchased an 88 lxi with 202xxx on the odo for 600 bucks, along with the title came what seemed like irrelevant past maintanence records...until i found a reciept fpr a full rebuild at 98xxx. ive been going thru weeding out some smaller issues...random overheat, irrataic idle wen warm ds frt window not working and a few cosmetic issues. i am, lost however wen it comes to the climate controls.wen i got the car they seemed to work fine light came on with each selection appropriate vents opening etc. now none of the lights work and sometimes the secondary fan kicks on as if the a/c is going to work, but nothing. any ideas/suggestions?

Also i am looking to build a motor for this car but im not sure if i want to stay original a series with a turbo or fit a b series. pros cons ideas? i appreciare any input and will post pics tomorrow

Oldblueaccord
03-28-2015, 12:53 AM
about a month ago i purchased an 88 lxi with 202xxx on the odo for 600 bucks, along with the title came what seemed like irrelevant past maintanence records...until i found a reciept fpr a full rebuild at 98xxx. ive been going thru weeding out some smaller issues...random overheat, irrataic idle wen warm ds frt window not working and a few cosmetic issues. i am, lost however wen it comes to the climate controls.wen i got the car they seemed to work fine light came on with each selection appropriate vents opening etc. now none of the lights work and sometimes the secondary fan kicks on as if the a/c is going to work, but nothing. any ideas/suggestions?

Also i am looking to build a motor for this car but im not sure if i want to stay original a series with a turbo or fit a b series. pros cons ideas? i appreciare any input and will post pics tomorrow

Check the under dash fuse panel. If one of them is blown the heat/ac just defaults to def mode. You wont have any lights on the controls and the buttons wont do anything. The coolant fans will come on if you engage the AC button and have the fan(blower) on.

Im guessing its fuse 12 but I cant remember. it may just be loose.

All the B series and turbo stuff is on here in the other sections.