PDA

View Full Version : Incredibly annoying door beep

87DXHatch
05-20-2002, 05:25 PM
Does this happen to any of you? You open the passenger door with the engine on and it starts beeping for no apparent reason? IT seems like it chooses when to do this to, because it will sometimes and then it won't.

I understand it is to signify that the door will not "lock up" in the event of an accident but that beep is soooo annoying!

Does anyone know of a way to fix it so it doesn't beep? The unit s underneath the place where the Cd player goes.

LIGHTNING BOLT:
Here's an idea I had that I am seriously thinking about doing: Take the unit that beeps down, take it apart, take a 12V Blue led and put that in place of the beeping unit. Cut a hole in the plastic to accomidate it. That way you can still know if the door won't "lock up" but it will be a pulsing light instead of an annoying beep!:smokin:

Feel free to steal my idea.

BTW, (Long post sorry) if you are confused about my use of "locking up" look in your owners manual about it before saying "WTF?!"

offthahook
05-20-2002, 07:50 PM
I thought it had to do with the seatbelt if a passenger is sitting in the seat. It is intermittent and hella annoying.

ACCORD EX
05-20-2002, 10:50 PM
yeah it peeps for the belt ! and it also peeps when the car is off , light is on and door is open ! :D

MIKE

shepherd79
05-21-2002, 04:00 AM
it does the same thing on my car.
i am gonna just remove the unit and take out the speaker. and i will putt it back.
it will work but with out sound. :D

ACCORD EX
05-21-2002, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by shepherd79
it will work but with out sound. :D

:huh: :lol :lol

MIKE

Don87LX
05-21-2002, 04:53 PM
mine's never worked...

carobotics
05-22-2002, 02:19 PM
mine beeps with the door open and keys in ignition, but dings a cute little bell when the lights are up and the door is open. Does nothing about the passenger with no seatbelt on. I tried unpluggin it, but my car stalled, so I pluged it back in. Pisses me off royal.