PDA

View Full Version : HELP my wheels sit like this / \

Y3G
01-01-2003, 06:12 PM
i just put in my coilovers!
my car looks sick(it looks the best at about 3'' down) but i now have a new problem my front wheels sit like this

/ \

HELP!!!!!:sadwave:

Jims 86LXI HB
01-01-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by yellow3g
i just put in my coilovers!
my car looks sick(it looks the best at about 3'' down) but i now have a new problem my front wheels sit like this

/ \

HELP!!!!!:sadwave:

Ok, how low did you drop it?

Elijah
01-01-2003, 06:25 PM
My wheels do the same thimg but i cut my springs about 4.5inchs cant do noyhing about it unless you raise it back up i like the way it looks sitting like that.But ur tires were wierd and you cant get much of a alinment.

Y3G
01-01-2003, 06:27 PM
i got it set at about 3'' right now

88 Accord DX
01-01-2003, 06:32 PM
that usually only happens when you cut your own springs

1989 Lxi Coupe
01-01-2003, 07:04 PM
Get either a cambar adjustment kit or some prelude front upper control arms. With those you can get it more like this ||. However 3 inches is a huge drop so even those two options may not be able to fix it.

89AccordNate
01-01-2003, 08:17 PM
Nope, 3" is to far down. You are going to have to raise it back up to give you about 2 fingers worth of gap in the fender well. Even with an ingalls kit or prelude arms, the alignment shop will not be able to fix your camber. Your tires will wear insanely fast if you drive it around how it is now. Your bushings and other suspension parts will take a HEAVY beating, and best of all at a 3" drop, your car is going to ride like total ass.

Look underneath and see how much clearance there is from the ground to the tranny, and then raise it back up. At a 3" drop there cant be anymore then 2" of clearance from the transmission case to the ground. Either way your asking for serious mechnical problems for a 'slammed' look. 3" looks ghetto anyway.

Nate.

Jims 86LXI HB
01-01-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by 1989 Lxi Coupe
Get either a cambar adjustment kit or some prelude front upper control arms. With those you can get it more like this ||. However 3 inches is a huge drop so even those two options may not be able to fix it.

Gotta agree with that.

Man 3" is to low, without shortened front struts your really gonna run the risk of blowing your sturts from bottoming out. Unless you adapt your driving style to be SUPER carefull.

xaccordx89x
01-01-2003, 11:06 PM
get a camber kit

ONEY LXI
01-02-2003, 06:36 AM
dude i did the same thing my car is lowered 3 inches. Just get a camber kit it will not help it to be like this ll But it will make it a whole lot better.

pearldrop
01-02-2003, 07:50 AM
that usually only happens when you cut your own springs

No. That will happen no matter how you lower it. It is the natural design of the suspension to camber in as the suspension is compressed.

Y3G
01-02-2003, 04:55 PM
I raised it up to about 2'' the tires are a little less slanty and i tried to take the car for a boot last night to see how she rode.
my car couldn't clear the angle of my driveway any way who makes the best kit? i need one bad.

and what else freaks me out my wheels went like this(/ \) at 3" my coilovers can go down to four

Y3G
01-02-2003, 04:58 PM
i rased it back up to 2''.it sits better but its still bad.i couldn't get out of the driveway at 3''.

any way i got shocks(tokico) but what kind of camber kit is the best?

89AccordNate
01-02-2003, 07:53 PM
Why did you buy tokico? Did you read NOTHING about suspension on this board? YOUR CAR IS GOING TO RIDE HORRIBLE!!!!!!!

Nate.

jigga225
01-02-2003, 09:54 PM
bad on tokicos, well not horrible nate. But not the best either.

Chrome_thangs
01-03-2003, 09:27 AM
That's my problem now got sorry ass Toxicos in the front!

Y3G
01-03-2003, 04:59 PM
i've had no problems with my tokicos the rode great with my old eibachs(too late already sold)but i've got the camber kit ordered

Jims 86LXI HB
01-03-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by yellow3g
i've had no problems with my tokicos the rode great with my old eibachs(too late already sold)but i've got the camber kit ordered

Well certainly your sturts don't have anything to do with your thread. But, the tokico H.P.'s do not have the stiffness to properly control stiffer lowering springs. The are High Performance for stock spring rates. Your excepting things you should not except, you and your car deserve better. I guarantee if you were to install a better (firmer) strut you'd say, whoa these are better,...way better. And it's got ZERO about flying around corners or having a racer attitude. It's about proper spring control.

What coilovers did you install?

89NinjaAccordLX
01-06-2003, 07:56 AM
I'm lowered 2". My tires were getting eaten like crazy so I got the Ingalls kit. All is good.