PDA

View Full Version : antenna broken in thing

89accordboi
01-01-2003, 08:23 PM
:crying: the antenna is broken and has been since i bought it, its broken off right where the end of the thing is on the top of the car, i dont know the first step on replacing it, and where do i get another antenna for our car? or are they the same for every car?

ACCORD EX
01-02-2003, 04:39 AM
check out these 2 threads !

all you need to know about antennas is there !

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10260&highlight=antenna

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9687&highlight=antenna

MIKE

Shifty
04-18-2005, 04:23 PM
Gahhh, need some pictures!?!!!.... i got no clue how to take the thing off n i would like to know since i cant go thru the car wash !

smufguy
04-18-2005, 05:24 PM
Gahhh, need some pictures!?!!!.... i got no clue how to take the thing off n i would like to know since i cant go thru the car wash !

our antennas are collapseable. LIke if you have no power antenna you can always push it in and make it go inside. if its bent or something, then try to get out from one of the members here or pull one from the junkyard.

for how to remove it. You need to unscrew two phillips head screws on top (u better not round off those things) and pull the motor from under the dash (behind the cruise control) and work it from there.

Shifty
04-18-2005, 11:42 PM
too late, i got frustrated enuff that i jus snapped the damn thing off today. Now my car is nice n clean too. *Sigh*

Cheeseburger
04-19-2005, 12:36 AM
they also sell the whole antena thing at pepboys

'89AccordLX(Rus)
04-20-2005, 01:20 PM
The replacements sold at Pep Boys do not work even if they state that they are for our year Accords. Your best bet is to find a working antenna at the junk yard or from another 3geezer. A new one costs more than $100 from the dealer.

89accord_lxi_coupe
04-20-2005, 01:34 PM
ewww, well it is the dealer. mine doesn't go up or down anymore. does it really help the signal that much if it's all the way up? either my radio or my antenna is screwed up enough that channels that should come in fine are grainy for me, even here at school. oh well, one more superficial thing to fix on my car.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
04-20-2005, 01:50 PM
I usually keep my antenna retracted and the signal is fine.