PDA

View Full Version : we need a list of shitty sound equipment

Vanilla Sky
01-01-2003, 10:53 PM
well, that explains it pretty well... i would like to see it based on personal experience (now that there are a few audiophiles here, it will prolly be easier)... it would be best if there was a ratings system for the products... eh, what the hell... the categories are:

durability
sound
build(as in how it's built)
features
value

all of this on a scale of 1-10, 1 bein shit, 10 bein perfect

reply here or PM me with your data, i will compile the list and give it to a moderator to be listed in the FAQs

thanks much in advance for the cooperation

shepherd79
01-02-2003, 04:59 AM
jensen Amp:
durability: 10
sound: 5
build: 5
features: 3
value: 5

JVC kamelion Kd-Lx1
durability: 4
sound:6
build: 3
features: 4
value: 6

Blaupunkt keywest HU
durability: 3
sound: 7
build:8
features: 4
value: 4

it is all i have for now.

markmdz89hatch
01-02-2003, 08:41 AM
Any ECLIPSE deck:
durability: 9.5
sound: 10
build: 10
features: 9.5
value: 7

Note: Great head units, I used to have the 5443. Unparralelled sound, great button layout, very durable, I liked the ESN rather then having to worry about a detachable face. Very simple to use, yet very versatile with it's capabilities. One kool, and adopted-by-others feature was a bass, tweet, and mid controls, along with a separate gain for the sub's channell. Only reason for the 7 on value is that they are a little pricey, but well worth the added expense when you compare it's functionality and sound.

JL Audio 10W3:
features: 10
value: 10+

Note: Great sub! Not that earth moving, feel your head implode type of sub. However, by no means am I telling you it does not hit hardddddd. It certainly does do that quite nicely. The recoil on this sub is incredible, it's sound as a result: uncomparable to any other of it's price range. It's features: with such a greatly priced sub, you even get the added feature of the dual voice coil that's not too common with subs in it's price range. Move up in the models to the W7's and there's no other sub out there that can compete with it. It's hands down the best, cleanest, hardest hitting sub EVER made.

Boston Acoustic's 6.5 ProSeries component set:
sound: 12
value: 8

Note: Again, loses points in value only in comparisson to other component sets out there due to their price. However, the price is justified. There's only one set of components in this world that sound better then these, and they're the Boston Z6 components, but you'll have to go digging down deep in the pockets to be able to afford these at a grand a clip. Diamond Audio does have a set that will compete with these, however the price is the same. Can't say enough about the sound that these produce. You can actually hear imperfections in CD's with these (as long as the rest of the system was built with the same "sound Q" in mind. Functionality; the only reason a score was give for this cat. is b/c one: the crossover actually had it's own built in scaler, and gain controller. ..and 2: b/c when you purchase the set, you get three (maybe even 4, just don't remember) different tweeter cradles for different types of mounting options.

I'm done for now, sorry about that book. Can you tell I HAD these in my car? Hmm.... ....now can you tell why I don't come to this sub-forum too often? Just can't deal with the bad memories.

RobT5580
01-02-2003, 08:58 AM
Sony CDX-C90ES Deck
value: 10

If you can find one at a decent price it is well worth it. Most online stores want like $850 as it retailed for $1200 but ebay you can see them run $400-$650 depending who is bidding. But the only downfall i can see for others is that you have to run an amp(s) cause it only uses RCA jacks. I like it a lot and the best features would be that you can angle the face(motorized) the wired/wireless remotes. The wired one is detachable from its base. It has been built to top specs for example its in a copper chassis for noise reduction. It goes on and on and i havnt spent much time playing with it cause i parked the car 2 wks after i got it.

Vanilla Sky
01-02-2003, 04:48 PM
ahh, good... i really would like to see some shit that is well... shit... when i start seein a few more items, i will start with the list

BTW for future posts, pelase include the model number

Defiant[YD]
01-02-2003, 05:14 PM
Pyramid Tape deck:
durability: 6
sound: 3
build: 4
features: 2.5
value: 1.5

"THUMP" Amp:
durability: 8
sound: 5
build: 5
features: 2
value: 2

JVC MP3/CD deck KDSX980:
durability: 8
sound: 8
build: 8
features: 7
value: 7

Jensen XS1004? Sub:
durability: 8.5
sound: 6
build: 4
features: 2
value: 3

more to come in the future as i upgrade.