PDA

View Full Version : Un*******believable

BLck89accord
01-02-2003, 08:28 AM
The new year started off wonderfully last night. Going down a windy road after dropping someone off, following a friend who's driving a '99 gmc sierra. I told myself he was going too fast down down the road we were on. We entered a big curve that he underestimated in his truck, thinking it would handle around it like my car would. Well he lost control and swung the ass end right in front of me, and i had just entered the steep part going downhill where it starts to curve. My initial reaction was to touch the brakes to avoid t-boning him, and when i did, my ass end swung out towards the trees and the ditch. I turned the wheel the other way making sure not to overcorrect it, and gave it a little gas to save it, but the tires grabbed and sent me in the ditch. No body damage. Friend had a cable to pull me out before anyone came down the road. However, when we got going again, something was wrong with the front right. As soon as i hit like 55 mph, there was quite a bit of shaking/rattling from the front right. If you let off the gas at that speed it would still do it, but if you started braking, it wouldn't. And it would only start doing that once you got around that speed. At that speed, it would become unbearable and the car would pull a little to the side. The rims not bent that i can tell, and the struts are fine and the motor mount is secure. I'm thinking the ball joints or tie rods may be loose, that, and a possibility of my alignment being toed inon the right side, meaning when that tire is turning, its almost dragging it, like its trying to turn on its side. Shit if i know, but i don't think its too serious. Gonna check it out today, but i gotta clean the fender weld up 1st cuz everything is caked with mud.

Then on the way home, two of my friends in trucks were behind me taking up both lanes so nobody would pass me in case my steering went out becuz that would not have ben a good picture, and some guy got pissed and rammed my friends truck, then passed them on the double yellow lines and jetted away, so we had to pull over and call the state boys to come and report a hit and run, and we stood around and waited for him to show up for awhile, and then another hour while we talked to him, and then went home. But come to find out, they aren't charging him becuz they said its and unreportable accident for some reason. I guess the other guy gave the trooper some BS. O well. That was my wonderful adventurous night.

Jim, any idea what could be up with my car????????

YK86
01-02-2003, 10:43 AM
It's possible the alignment is way off. I did something very simular on a patch of black ice long time ago (slide into a median)and it threw my alignment off quite a bit which caused the car to feel very bumpy at certain speeds and the steering wheel wasn't pointing straight as well.

Mike's89AccordLX
01-02-2003, 11:04 AM
Damn you beat me too it. I was going to say that too YK86 (had to finish the story though)

maka_RTH
01-02-2003, 12:35 PM
yah i'd say check your alignment. depending on your alignment, your tires will casue vibrations depending on the speed you go. usually(i wouldn't try this in your case) if you go a little faster or slower than that certain speed it stops. in my parents neon it's at about 65-70mph, there alignment isn't that great right now. usually you don't hit that point for a while.

johndej
01-02-2003, 01:52 PM
hey your in spotsi, damn virginians taking their cars on back roads, lol. actually, that does suck. our van did the same thing last year after my dad ran off the road in it and as everyone else has said, it was the alignment. shouldn't be too much to fix if that was the problem, but i don't remember an exact price. that sucks about the hit and run too, did it mess up the truck? if it was a big truck, i would laugh if the other dude smashed his grill or something.

AccordSi
01-02-2003, 02:15 PM
That's a bitch of a story....I ope it's not too bad though...Thank God you're okay though man.

Elijah
01-02-2003, 03:01 PM
someone hit my car when it was parked ik let the air out of my tire and bent my tierod

jigga225
01-02-2003, 09:58 PM
yah I had a hit an rub situation around sept.
But as far as drivin crazy, I dont do it mane cause the car is old and I care bout it.

Check the alignment and look under the car for anything that looks badd

BLck89accord
01-03-2003, 01:27 PM
hey guys, guess what the hell it was. i took the front right off yesterday morning and inside the rim was about 8 pounds of mud caked up. I dunno how that caused it, but i was on my way to get it aligned and hit 65 and noticed that it wasn't doing it, so i hit 75 and still nothing, let off the gas and again nothing, braked and again nothing. How weird that somthin that simple caused sumthin that drastic. I was thinking it was a lignment too but mysteriously, that asn't even knocked off. But thank God myself and my car are ok. I just put rims on the night before that happened too damnit. Thanks for yalls concern tho. I appreciate it.

YK86
01-03-2003, 05:19 PM
Glad to hear it wasn't something major. Funny since I also had that happen to me. I had an 83 Accord back in high school and was delivering pizzas and got stuck in a muddy driveway. Had to get towed out and on the way back to pick up some more pizzas, my car vibrated like crazy just like yours. I had just bought my new rims so I was pretty worried I had damaged them. Turned out to be caked on mud screwing up the wheel balance.

HondaBoy
01-03-2003, 10:07 PM
ya ive had this problem with mud caked up inside the wheel. it will just stick like glue in there. i thought i had done something bad but it was realy just that mud.