PDA

View Full Version : Help!

spanky5485
01-02-2003, 10:20 AM
Hey guys!
First off i just wanna say that this is the best website ever and i'm really proud to be a member.

Here is my problem. I'm a high school kid that inherited his car.(88' lxi 2-dr cpe w/5 spd) and i don't pay anything on it so i want to put performance parts on it. Which I have I need advice on how to take my ugly burgundy interior to a sweet kick ass black and white combo?

If you guys have any suggestions i'd really like to hear them thanx!

Mike's89AccordLX
01-02-2003, 10:25 AM
Hey!!! that interior kicks ass. I have the same but my interior is in like mint condition. I just have the back seat loaded with parts. (The parts are in boxes and bags)

Neuspeed007
01-03-2003, 04:02 AM
just find a way to restore it, then you could either paint it urself with some specialized paint u could prob find at wal-mar or something. What type of performance parts you lookin for? i could prob help u out.
nick-

Scotts88WhiteLX-i
01-03-2003, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
Hey!!! that interior kicks ass. I have the same but my interior is in like mint condition. I just have the back seat loaded with parts. (The parts are in boxes and bags)
I got the same interior to i love it!!!!!!! mine mor eon the redish side though..... a lil time an paint an some money for new seats an carpet you can turn your interior into a white an black combon cost like $600-$1000 bucks though......

markmdz89hatch
01-03-2003, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by spanky5485
Hey guys!
First off i just wanna say that this is the best website ever and i'm really proud to be a member.

Here is my problem. I'm a high school kid that inherited his car.(88' lxi 2-dr cpe w/5 spd) and i don't pay anything on it so i want to put performance parts on it. Which I have I need advice on how to take my ugly burgundy interior to a sweet kick ass black and white combo?

If you guys have any suggestions i'd really like to hear them thanx!

I feel ur pain on that interior man! Both my 88 and 89 have that maroon, and I'm not too happy about it. I'm actually in the process now of reupholstering (not painting) my entire interior to black, white, and greytones. All that, and a nice pair of Sparco Torino's (the B&W one's) and I'll be in business! Good luck! A decent place to start for that black interior is to hit up the local junkyards and see if you can find a black, or some burgandy 88 LX-i coupes and snag its interior. I say that b/c only in 88 they had a beige interior that was trimmed in black. It looked good, and just might be the ticket for you! Good luck, and keep us in the loop with you findings.

spanky5485
01-03-2003, 09:23 AM
Hey guys thanx alot for all your input. That will at least give me a great place to start.

Also i was wondering about droping my car and getting new rims.
I already have decent rims but i want bigger ones.

should i get springs or coilovers?

Just tell me what you guys think.

Thanx

spanky5485
01-03-2003, 09:25 AM
And nick if you have good deals on performance mods talk to me about it.

I have an intake and rims.

plus i have a new paint job one the way and a new spoiler.

so anything else

thanx