PDA

View Full Version : HID light systems

socal3rdgen
01-02-2003, 08:15 PM
im trying to find what kind of bulb that you guys use in your xenon conversion lenses. 9004? i dont know. anyways im going to be doing the REAL hid conversion 7000k system and i need to know what kind will fit. now i think i will need the casing that all you xenon conversion guys picked up off of ebay but im not sure. and yes the price of the conversion is fucking high, well im not paying that. im buying at wholesale costs. my mom works for a lighting distrubutor, she gets wholesale cost. 75% of retail. now i think thats more in my budget. who knows what size HID lighting i need. and do i need to get the glass conversion casing that you use for xenon bulbs,

socal3rdgen
01-02-2003, 09:43 PM
no one knows ???

i have a choice of h6054 conversion or h4 hid conversion w/clearglass lens kit of ebay.

right???????

HondaBoy
01-02-2003, 10:10 PM
i know that my H4 conversion has 9004 bulbs and not actualy called H4. 9004 and H4 bulbs that u put into the conversion housing are the same bulb. i know that i heard something about a sealed beam HID thing. i would think more people know about these HIDs. all i realy know is that i think u can order them out of catalougs and probley from JCW.com hope this helps. and ya, the glass ones are probley best to go with. mine have a clear glass on a plastic housing thats pretty tough. mine is Eurolite from Toucan Industries. i paid about $108 for the housing, and something like $19 for bulbs. i think that bulbs come with the conversion so all u need to know is that they need to be either 9004 or H4(same thing). and if u want the nice bright look of HIDs, go with PIAA bulbs. they look like the ones on BMW and Lexus. they dealer told me to get the bulbs and save my money and pay $80 instead of $700 for HID conversion.

dXsquared
01-02-2003, 10:16 PM
dude! either you got burned real bad or i got a KILLER! deal!

i paid 30 USD for the toucan EUROLITE housings! BRANDNEW! even came with daytime lamps! somthings wrong!

i always get killer deals on everything and everyone at teh board always gets BURNT! like exhausts and BASS setups, and H4's! its great!

Travis

HondaBoy
01-02-2003, 10:47 PM
the only good thing is my granny bought the conversion for me, she refused to buy em online or order. so we bought em from dealer.

socal3rdgen
01-02-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by HondaBoy
i know that my H4 conversion has 9004 bulbs and not actualy called H4. 9004 and H4 bulbs that u put into the conversion housing are the same bulb. i know that i heard something about a sealed beam HID thing. i would think more people know about these HIDs. all i realy know is that i think u can order them out of catalougs and probley from JCW.com hope this helps. and ya, the glass ones are probley best to go with. mine have a clear glass on a plastic housing thats pretty tough. mine is Eurolite from Toucan Industries. i paid about $108 for the housing, and something like $19 for bulbs. i think that bulbs come with the conversion so all u need to know is that they need to be either 9004 or H4(same thing). and if u want the nice bright look of HIDs, go with PIAA bulbs. they look like the ones on BMW and Lexus. they dealer told me to get the bulbs and save my money and pay $80 instead of $700 for HID conversion.

thanks thats what i wanted to know. i like the H4 conversions. BUT since i have the chance to get REAL High Intensity Discharge lighting i want that instead. the regular price for HID lighting for 9004 or sealed beam H6054 is about 600 for 8000k color tempereture. thats the highest HID lighting you can get. the H$ conversion bubls only pump out 4200k color temp. im only about to pay 100 for the HID lighting kit. its real because i have a family memeber that works for a lighting company that buys through sylvania and phillips and a shit load other companies. so my family member gets dealer prices as 1 of there benefits for working for the company. meaning $600 HID conversion kit for 100-150 now thats a deal. thaks for the help.

Microstreak
01-02-2003, 11:39 PM
i didn't think there were any HID conversion kits out ther for our cars...

maka_RTH
01-03-2003, 01:16 AM
H4 aka 9003. also, i now you can get the PIAA 5000GT bulbs that run 5000k, i'm gonna get these sometime. i got my housings and bulbs for $40 off of ebay, they are LUJEI Industry Company... http://www.bestwoodpecker.com.tw/English/LJ/DIAMOND/UN110001CG.jpg i like them

socal3rdgen
01-03-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Microstreak
i didn't think there were any HID conversion kits out ther for our cars...

sealed beam HID conversion

http://orderxenarc.sylvania.com/orderxenarc/productenlarged.asp?ProductId=141939&CId=%7BCC78CA83%2D7CB9%2D474C%2DA304%2D39548B7DD1C 4%7D&NC=132003111832

HID 9004 H4 Conversion

http://www.brightheadlights-hid.com/Xenon-HID-Lights-Kits.htm

MoonScryer
01-03-2003, 11:11 AM
$150....for THAT???!!!?? PLEASE, LET ME SELL YOU MY SOUL!!!! I want those.