PDA

View Full Version : Fixed Power Window!!

88WhiteLX-i
05-20-2002, 08:08 PM
Well for about 8 months my power window on my drivers side was busted. THe motor that was bolted to the inside of the door had pulled it's bolts through the metal and had fallen inside... I just put some wood underneath it and left it like that for a long ass time. I went to the junk yard today and grabbed a window motor and assembly off an 89' LX-i. I come to figure out that the 89's bracket on the top was to small for my window so I just had to switch motors on my old bracket..... It took me about 2 hours to finish everything, after going to the hardware store twice, because I got the wrong size washers...lol... But anyways it works awesome now, I can tint it and everything!!!Niiiiiiiiiice. WEll if anyone has anyone questions about it just ask..:werd:

Chrome_thangs
05-20-2002, 11:28 PM
my driver side window is slow as hell and i was planning on replacing the motor and was wondering how did you get to the motor? I can't figure out how to get the panel off. Once i get the panel off is the motor easy to take out? Also would a power window motor from a 87 4dr fit my 89 coupe?

ACCORD EX
05-21-2002, 03:48 AM
use sillicon spray on the windows first to fast it up a bit ! and see what happens ! ( before changin' the whole motor ! ) :)

MIKE

88WhiteLX-i
05-21-2002, 08:35 PM
I believe there are 2 or 3 screws in the arm rest you have to take out, you may not see em at first, they are kinda towards the bottom, but they still are on the arm rest, if you look for them you should find them. Then there are two smaller screws near the top right hand corner of the door, just take those out. I might have missed something but if you examine the whole door you'll find all the screws. But after you get all the screws out pull the door from the bottom up and pop out all the plastic things that hold the door the the actual metal part. then you need to push the door up because the thing is clipped at the top. After you get that off you should be able to see the inside of the door. there might be some plastic shit that's there and you can just cut that shit off. But the actual motor has 4 bolts and there are 2 bolts to the left of the motor that hold this arm thing. But you can see all of these bolts from just looking at it. if you unscrew all the bolts, make sure you have a buddy that is holding the window, the motor will just drop. you can detach the window by undoing two bolts that it's held onto by the bracket. after detaching the window from the top bracket, push the bracket together and take it out through the bottom hole in the door. installation is reverse of taking it out, just make sure you line the window up in the sides. Just ask me agina if you have any questions..:super:

Chrome_thangs
05-21-2002, 09:08 PM
Ya, where do i get silicone spray from? Where on the window/door do i spray? What does this do?:confused:

88WhiteLX-i
05-21-2002, 09:14 PM
before I put my motor back on I loaded all the moving parts with lithium grease. works awesome. ;)

A20A1
05-21-2002, 09:57 PM
If you clean the contacts / brushes... the motor will work great... since the brushes are copper they tend to get corrosion and you see black deposits on the metal... use an 800 grit sand paper to clean the metal surface. careful cause the metal brushes have tiny springs that fly out... so be careful... reasembling the internals of the motor can be a pain.

ACCORD EX
05-22-2002, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by Chrome_thangs
Ya, where do i get silicone spray from? Where on the window/door do i spray? What does this do?:confused:

any auto store or get he genuine honda stuff ! and spray it on the rubber on the door and then move your window up and down several times ! :D

MIKE

88WhiteLX-i
05-22-2002, 07:55 AM
I think that it would work even better if you took the dor cover off and greased the thing from the inside. I mean grease the bracket that the window slides up and down on, it takes the most pressure from the window and should loosen the window and make it faster if you greased it. Wel ask if ya have any ?'s. :werd:

Chrome_thangs
05-22-2002, 01:15 PM
I have some stuff called pb blaster that is the shit! will that work or should i shell out the money for silicone spray?

ACCORD EX
05-22-2002, 09:22 PM
some dashk cleaners use sillicone but they didn't do a good job!

so it's better to get sillicon spray !

MIKE