PDA

View Full Version : my very first car

bendrich
04-23-2015, 09:43 AM
What's up guys,

My name is Ben and I study Microbiology and Statistics at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo. The title is a little misleading so let's hear a quick story...

Roughly 25 years ago, my Father picked up a 1989 CA5 SEi in a 5 speed off the showroom floor in Las Vegas. A few years after that, the sporty-ish, brown Accord took my butt home from UCSD hospital. It was the very first car I was ever in. Laps around the block was my parents preferred way of getting me to shut up. Eventually, my Dad moved to Alabama for work and took the Accord with him. It's tradition in Alabama to leave your old cars in kudzu patches so that they become oversized chia pets. And yes, our 89 Accord suffered that fate. However, the time came when my Dad needed the car back. We pulled it out of the patch, ripped off what plant matter was easy to get to, and jumped it. It started right up and made the entire drive back to California with no hiccups. Honda. Since that trip, it's changed hands a few times but now my Dad got his hands back on it. It's knocking on the door of 300k miles. He's going to take it to his mechanic for a general tune-up, make sure it's all in good running order and pass it off to this happy man writing this post about it :) So yea, that's it for now.

Plans for the CA5?
Keep it simple. Make the interior a little cleaner. Probably just actually clean up what's in the car. Maybe a better condition driver seat if I can find one. Lowering springs to get a little lower but hopefully not completely trash the ride quality. And some cool classic Japanese wheels. I'm thinking Advan A3As for now. And then daily the s*** out of it. The Odyssey gets pretty bad mileage and the ae86 is far from a comfy car in its current state. And MAAAYBE I'll throw on some bolt-ons... But not until much later.

I hope you enjoyed the little anecdote and I can't wait to meet you guys and show you the car!

Thanks 3geez!

2ndTimeHondaOwner
04-23-2015, 03:07 PM
:welcome: Why wait to show us your car? Pic's give us some pic's lol. Plus if you put up some of how it looks when you get it it's like a timeline start to finish, but are they ever truly finished

conozo
04-23-2015, 07:09 PM
Thats a pretty awesome story there. Welcome to the form.

Dr_Snooz
04-23-2015, 07:39 PM
Welcome!

86ccord
04-27-2015, 04:07 AM
welcome! kinda reminds me of when I first got my accord. Had a tree growing in the trunk!

where them pictures at doe?