PDA

View Full Version : front rumbling noise still there!

old86lx
05-20-2002, 08:35 PM
well i just replaced my upper control arms tonight (which was surprisingly easy).. it made a big difference.. the old ones were totally shot.... but i'm still getting a lot of noise in the front passenger area whenever i accelerate. it's most noticeable during turning, though it happens a little going straight too. however, it NEVER happens unless i'm accelerating. i checked out the cv-boots and they aren't damaged at all... could it still possibly be the cv joints?

thanks a ton guys.

shepherd79
05-21-2002, 04:27 AM
i would say it is CV joints.
When i got my car i had to replace them right way, but after a month driving on new ones, i started to hear click-click-click. well, i looked and the boots were fine so i had to replace them, and it is great now.
i got my first set from autozone with lifetime warranty or untill you sell your car, and after they started to click i took it back and they replaced them with the new ones for free.
they are like $70 per axle or something like that, but they will charge your core if you don't have your old axles with you.

ACCORD EX
05-21-2002, 06:57 AM
if it goes click click while turning ! so they are the C.V ! if it is a low pitch sound and and goes higher with the speed so they are the bearings !

MIKE

POS carb
05-21-2002, 11:16 AM
is it kind of like a sound like you have solid motor mounts or something? Like the engine gets louder in 1st gear during hard acceleration?

old86lx
05-21-2002, 12:02 PM
no, it's a clicking noise. i took it in to my mechanic this mornign, checked it out, and said it was the front right cv. said it was shot. picking the car up this afternoon, hopefully all is well now.