PDA

View Full Version : b20a nitrous??

Lockey
05-20-2002, 08:42 PM
is it possible to get a nitrous setup going (60hp+) in a b20a...and do u need to strengthen your engine useing nitrous?

i know a few people on here run it but im not sure whjat mods i'll need to do...like bigger injectors/ecu upgrades?

AND IS IT WORTH THE MONEY?

88LXi68
05-21-2002, 05:54 AM
You can run n2o on any engine. First you have to get a compression test to see if each cylinder is ok. Then you need to work out fuel management (fuel pressure riser, maybe a hi flow rail) and your spark plugs need to be colder. I recommend getting the ZEX kit because they seem to work well with imports and do a pretty good job not allowing you to blow your engine up to pieces.

Lockey
05-21-2002, 12:30 PM
will i need a second fuel rail&pump or just enlarge what i got or add something like apexi safc controller?

88LXi68
05-21-2002, 12:32 PM
Justin sells a Hi-flow rail. The fuel pump can be upgraded with an aftermarket one that is universal.

Lockey
05-21-2002, 06:44 PM
WHO HAS THE FUEL RAIL?

AND THE ZEX KITS DO THEY HAVE FUEL CONTROL?

AND ANY ZEX KIT OR IS THERE A HONDA KIT?

88LXi68
05-21-2002, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Lockey
WHO HAS THE FUEL RAIL?

AND THE ZEX KITS DO THEY HAVE FUEL CONTROL?

AND ANY ZEX KIT OR IS THERE A HONDA KIT?

fuel rail - 88TurboAccord (Justin) Fuel rail (http://88turboaccord.net/parts/)

Zex - ZEX (http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts.cfm?partfamilyid=233&ignorereferer=1)

Lockey
05-23-2002, 02:14 PM
the bigger fuel rail, does that run with stock injectors and improve performance?

i want to do upgrades that i can use to gain power....but not have to replcae when i upgrade further.

and what does the msd ignintions do...just deliver more spark or is it much more then just that :)

OldSchoolSwap
05-23-2002, 04:06 PM
What have you done to the motor?

You will need to do the following before Nitrous:

=Upgrade your ignition:
-MSD,
-Performance coil,
-good wires,
-1 or 2 step colder spark plugs,
-Retard your timing at least one degree.

As 88LXi68 was explaining,
Upgrade your:
=Fuel system:
-Fuel rail is good,
-Fuel regulator,
-External performance fuel pump in addition to the stock pump

=Upgrade AIR FLOW
-intake
-exaust
-headers will do good as well

After you upgrade all of those components, you will have a good chance of not blowing up your motor. Assuming that your motor is in tip top condition and is not burning oil or any othe abnormalities.

Check my website for a bunch of info on Nitrous Oxide http://vtecnos.tripod.com

After instaling the nitrous kit of your choice, I recomend starting with the lowest shot possible, about 40 hp is good. Then as weeks pass by check your plugs and make sure everything is going fine and you can upgrade the Horse Power of the nitrous kit by swaping jet pills to raise the HP levels.

88ACCORDLXFaSho
05-24-2002, 05:14 PM
Will the fuel regulator and rail kit work on a carbureted car, or only on EFI?

OldSchoolSwap
05-24-2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by 88ACCORDLXFaSho
Will the fuel regulator and rail kit work on a carbureted car, or only on EFI?

EFI only.