PDA

View Full Version : My New 1988 Accord LX-i Hatchback

tablebeast
05-02-2015, 10:40 AM
Hi guys. My name is Tablebeast. I am new to this 88 Accord Hatchback, but not that new to 3G Hondas. I had a 89 Accord 4 door as my daily for about a year. It only needed wiper blades and an oil change in the time I had it. I stupidly traded it for an old Jeep that was never anywhere near as reliable. So I regretted getting rid of it ever since. A few weeks ago I saw an ad locally for an 88 Accord. It was scant on info and the girl who answered the ad didn't know much about the car but to tell me that the transmission was going out and that it had manual steering that was not working right. THAT all turned out to NOT be true. From the looks of it someone used the wrong fluid on the power steering and it had leaked down. The transmission is a little bit low, but the fluid is filthy so it probably just hasn't been changed out in a while. I JUST got the HONDA fluids in today and will be changing them all out, since that appears to be all it needs (besides new seals in the power steering). Once I get her to daily driver material I plan to paint it. The guy I share a shop with does paint and body and I will use this car to learn some techniques. I want to do a glossy silver/satin black two tone with satin black painted steel wheels for a shiny top/blacked out bottom look. I will post some pictures soon and will start a build thread documenting my learning process painting it.

2ndTimeHondaOwner
05-03-2015, 08:37 AM
Welcome to the board and glad to hear the car's getting some much needed love