PDA

View Full Version : Could my cat be clogged?

SiCReX
01-04-2003, 11:00 AM
Whenever i punch it and get around 4500-5000 rpms i smell this shit it smells like exhaust, It dont happen when im normal driving but when i race it gets me kinda high i wonder if i need new headers or if somethin is plugged up like my cat? I just took off the heat sheild around my cat and that was a BITCH! i aint even gonna try to take off that fucking cat unless i get my power hack saw. If i bang on it with a sledge hammer will it clear it up any???

buzzbomber88lx
01-04-2003, 12:02 PM
Make sure you take it off before you loosen any of the carbon up from inside. If you keep it on the air might suck some of the loosened up carbon into your intake. NOT GOOD! It could be why you air gettin high though. Or you might need a header gasket or manifold whatever you have. Exhaust leak maybe?

SiCReX
01-04-2003, 12:20 PM
how can it get into my intake if my intake is in the front and the exaust is in the back i dunnoo???

Chrome_thangs
01-04-2003, 01:00 PM
Ya i was thinking the same thing ?

smufguy
01-04-2003, 08:12 PM
ur header might be loose at the downpipe. cause thats what came off in my dad's camry, but u can give it a shot. check for any exhaust leak by warming up the car, have someone in the car and rev it up and down while u see under the hood for some by pass smoke.

Mike's89AccordLX
01-04-2003, 08:18 PM
Hopefully that won't happen to me when I put on my headers.

SiCReX
01-05-2003, 01:18 AM
nah my shit dont leak enough for me to see it anywhere, but i can smell it. I was just wondering if maybe i can smell it because its gettin backed up. My car is in damn good shape, no leaks at all except for the ps fluid because one of the boots is torn.