PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Head Lights

kahsperr
01-04-2003, 11:02 AM
First off my head light is dim on the right and hella bright on the left....what could that be? and is it just me or do everyones head lights for an 80's accord not shine far...i even changed the lights and lamps to an HID conversion....still not effective....help me out please.....

safeel
01-04-2003, 06:03 PM
yeah, i hav noticed that too, my lightsdont shine far either, ma mums peugeot 406 and vauxhall Vectra (2002 model) shine a fuking mile away!
whats the reason?
I think it could be the front plastic cover, the newer cars (not them wit them new lamps) hav a different front reflector plastic thing that makes the light shine at a higher level than it does on the older cars, it also projects the light out wider than ours too.
well, thats what i think anyway!

JaVaSa84
01-04-2003, 06:05 PM
I can't see shit with my headlights. I almost crashed into a divider today.

fohshizzay
01-04-2003, 11:08 PM
My headlights suck too.

Mike's89AccordLX
01-04-2003, 11:12 PM
i dont think there is an hid conversion for our cars. Mine work great i have the APC projector lamps and eurolite bulbs. When one is brighter than the other, its a sign that one is going to go bad and not work.

88 Accord DX
01-05-2003, 01:30 PM
our cars have H8 stock right? at walmart they sell H6 which might give more distance. $13 a piece. ill buy some with my next pay check and tell you guys if they are better.

89accordboi
01-05-2003, 08:16 PM
we have H6054's if i remember correctly

88 Accord DX
01-05-2003, 09:23 PM
no i think ours are h8054 stock cuz h6 is halogen

socal3rdgen
01-05-2003, 10:39 PM
ok this is the reason your headlights are dim. ask yourself when was the last time you replaced them. then ask yourself when was the last time you took your car to a car wash and left your headlights up to wash them. if one light is darker then the other. ask yourself did you change both headlights at the same time or did you just replace the one that burnt out.

and you can buy h6054 for the 3g. there just halogen lamps instead of the stockers.

socal3rdgen
01-05-2003, 10:40 PM
and they do make HID kits for our model car. yes it has been confirmed by me. i looked it up.

maka_RTH
01-06-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by socal3rdgen
and they do make HID kits for our model car. yes it has been confirmed by me. i looked it up.
the only thing is true HID kits run upwards of about $400, H4 conversions are a little cheaper lol i got mine off of ebay for $40

89NinjaAccordLX
01-06-2003, 07:47 AM
Once you do the H4 conversion on the 3geez, an HID kit will cost you a measly 700 bucks. Hahahahah.

socal3rdgen
01-06-2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by maka_RTH
the only thing is true HID kits run upwards of about $400, H4 conversions are a little cheaper lol i got mine off of ebay for $40

yes you are correct. but there are 2 types of hid you can do to a 3rd gen.

you can so a sealed beem Real HID conversion. price $599

or you can buy the glass for a h4 conversion and just buy the ballast and wiring kit with lights for about the same price. price $599. notice i said ballast so i am talking about getting th glass then not purchasing the h4 "regular bulbs" and getting real hid bulbs instead. true HID is expensive. but ive did all the research on them because i am geting them in about a month. im only paying abour 150 instead of 500-600. i get them a t wholesale cost. i have a family member that can buy them thruogh there company at wholesale cost.

markmdz89hatch
01-06-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by socal3rdgen
yes you are correct. but there are 2 types of hid you can do to a 3rd gen.

you can so a sealed beem Real HID conversion. price $599

or you can buy the glass for a h4 conversion and just buy the ballast and wiring kit with lights for about the same price. price $599. notice i said ballast so i am talking about getting th glass then not purchasing the h4 "regular bulbs" and getting real hid bulbs instead. true HID is expensive. but ive did all the research on them because i am geting them in about a month. im only paying abour 150 instead of 500-600. i get them a t wholesale cost. i have a family member that can buy them thruogh there company at wholesale cost.

hey socal.. ...no chance in them being able to get 2 sets is there? ;) I want it too, but don't feel like dumping 600 on it.

markmdz89hatch
01-06-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by kahsperr
First off my head light is dim on the right and hella bright on the left....what could that be? and is it just me or do everyones head lights for an 80's accord not shine far...i even changed the lights and lamps to an HID conversion....still not effective....help me out please.....

...you know there are 3 adjustment screws on the lens housing itself that you can use to adjust the level and angle of the projected beam. I too complained about this same thing until I discovered a phillips head screwdriver, and those damn adjustment screws. True the stock bulb does not shine as bright as the newer tech. used today, but you can at least get the best of 'em with proper adjustment.